_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
A day to be remembered or forgotten?
pampa14
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Santa Catarina, Brazil
KitMaker: 241 posts
AeroScale: 239 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 03:52 PM UTC

Last Monday completed 74 years the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, one of the most painful days of American History. I share with you here a link that brings a collection of dramatic photos, many of them rare, showing the devastation caused by the attack on the airfields of the island. Visit the link below and answer the title question.

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/01/o-dia-da-infamia-em-fotos.html

Best Regards!
SpaceXhydro
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 418 posts
AeroScale: 114 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 04:33 PM UTC
These pictures show so much destruction that the Japanese inflicted on pearl harbor. I don't think that much about pearl harbor but these pictures really show a lot more of the aftermath of the attack.
lentorpe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alava, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 104 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 07:04 PM UTC
History is ALWAYS to be learnt, remembered and researched.

This DOES NOT imply that it should be used in a "militant" way, to divide people about old grievances. It shouldnīt.

It shouldnīt... at least when the matters were long ago settled, (usually with tons of blood needed for that settlement), and both formerly divided sides accept now that whichever had been the real or perceived affront, it is now HISTORY; it is OVER; and when none in ANY of the sides is trying to turn History upside down, nor getting back to "retake the task and get the job finally done" to "rectify" History, nor trying to create artificial guilt feelings in order to milk them to get present-day benefits or privileges with no other reason, nor is ALREADY using it to keep old fires burning, effectively preventing them to become part of HISTORY.

I mean, there is people who very reluctantly accept the historicity of specific events, but does not accept that some historic processes are... History, finished, over. The "yes we lost a thousand battles in a hundred small wars but we donīt accept that outcome and the BIG war will always go on until OUR final Victory" mentality.

Needless to say that I am refering to stubborn Poles dreaming of retaking Belarus and Ukraine and the Baltic nations to re-instaurate the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. What else could be? We need accurate knowledge of History to UNITE in defence against them.

About the pics, I had never seen most of those which show in-flight Japanese planes. Are they certified? I am thinking about the burning Val or the diving Zero.
 _GOTOTOP