_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Tips & Techniques
Discussions on specific A/C building techniques.
Starfighter Decals
flypaper
KitMaker: 51 posts
AeroScale: 49 posts
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 - 06:52 AM UTC
Fellow modelers.....

I'm in the tail end of building the old Monogram 1/72 Boeing F4B-4. (great little kit) and have a set of the Starfighter lined up for the finish. I have never worked with this company and wondered if there was anyone out there who has and can pass any info good or bad about them.

Thanks
Flypaper.
1.90E_31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 - 07:32 AM UTC
Hello,

Starfighter Decals supplies us with decals for a number of our ship kits. They are well researched, and well produced. Mark is and excellent guy to work with, and will take care of you making sure you have what you need. Get his stuff with no worries.

Jon Warneke
Commander Models, Inc.
flypaper
KitMaker: 51 posts
AeroScale: 49 posts
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 - 08:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello,

Starfighter Decals supplies us with decals for a number of our ship kits. They are well researched, and well produced. Mark is and excellent guy to work with, and will take care of you making sure you have what you need. Get his stuff with no worries.

Jon Warneke
Commander Models, Inc.

Thanks Jon
But I was more interested in how his decals apply, will they take decal settling agents, and looking at the decals themselves the carrier film that sort of info. I've already invested in several sheets of his stuff and will continue to as he produces Golden Era US markings.

Flypaper

PS: I'd like to see him do a sheet of just 1/72 USAAC unit insignia for a/c other than the ones he has done sheets of, I have a nice collection of USAAC kits produced in East European both plastic and resin models that would benefit from his handwork.

Fly...
 _GOTOTOP