_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Different parts for Hasegawa F-4e?
Whiskey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 252 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2004 - 12:34 PM UTC
I just recieved my 1/48 Hasegawa F-4E and on the back of the instructions is says do not use so and so parts for this kit? Anyone that has built this kit know why? At first I thought it was because it was the same sprues for a -G but Im not positive on that.
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2004 - 09:36 PM UTC
Hey Zach:

Although I haven't seen this particular kit....yet . I have to ask what parts are they?? I have an old Hasegawa 1/32 OA-4M that has photo etch, White Metal landing gear, and vinyl tires. Along with some other bits. They still molded the landing gear and tires in plastic, but state don't use them. The instucructions only state the part numbers of the PE and white metal parts for assembly
So the other question would be. Is there a different source for the parts in question. Like the PE? That come in the kit.
Sorry if this doesn't answer your question totally, but I hope it may at least get you a little closer to what your asking

Paul

P.S Is this the brand new F-4 kit that they put out this year??
Whiskey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 252 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 06:23 AM UTC
I suppose it is the new one not quite sure though. Its the 30th Anniversary F-4E with the single-piece canopy,etc.

The parts I am describing are not PE, but actual plastic pieces on the sprues themselves. Its really wierd.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 08:19 AM UTC
:-) The parts you describe will be for other variants, or optional parts that aren't an option on the particular boxing that you have. Alternatively they will be for a veriant not yet produced. I have lots of kits with these sort of items, add them to your spares box :-)
Mal
 _GOTOTOP