_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Another Wingnut bites the dust
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 06:23 AM UTC
I just noticed the Hannover CL II has joined the ever increasing list of OOP kits at Wingnut Wings. Looking at gaps in kit number sequence, there appear to be several future releases on the way, but I'd read somewhere they don't intend to re-issue kits. Given their wide popularity, has anyone heard differently from them? I personally would love to see a Sopwith Dolphin as one of the future releases, but I'd also like to see some of their earlier kits re-issued too, perhaps in different markings.
VR, Russ
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 04:38 PM UTC
Hi Russ

Doh! I've been meaning to treat myself to one of those.

All the best

Rowan
Robbd01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
AeroScale: 213 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 07:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I just noticed the Hannover CL II has joined the ever increasing list of OOP kits at Wingnut Wings. Looking at gaps in kit number sequence, there appear to be several future releases on the way, but I'd read somewhere they don't intend to re-issue kits. Given their wide popularity, has anyone heard differently from them? I personally would love to see a Sopwith Dolphin as one of the future releases, but I'd also like to see some of their earlier kits re-issued too, perhaps in different markings.
VR, Russ

I think that is not written in granite about never re-releasing OOP kits. They did bring back the HB W.29 though it is bundled with a Felixstowe.

Cheers

Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 08:58 AM UTC
Rowan,
Yep, there was at least one that I missed too, the W29, but the re-issue with the Felixstowe is a little high for my pocketbook. I've tried to anticipate some of the more popular ones, so my wife has a list of the ones I want for birthday and Christmas purposes. So far I've managed to obtain 7 of the 13 OOP releases before they went OOP. I used to ask for just underwear and socks as gifts-- now my family knows to pool their money for a Wingnut Wings Kit! It makes gift shopping easier for them. I may be running short of shorts though!
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP