_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
What's In The Box - Round 2
spiralcity
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 150 posts
AeroScale: 107 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 01:18 PM UTC
A big sorry to anyone who tried to view my YouTube clip and found that the account was down. It is now fixed, all issues are solved. It took me all day to fix the problems, but it is done. Also a big thanks you to Jess for dealing with me while I worked out the issues. Thanks Jess.

What's In The Box:
Otaki 1/48 N1K1J George

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njb57NUM1lE
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 09:21 PM UTC
It's nice to have such a wonderful demonstration of how far our hobby has come within our lifetimes.

And yet, with just a little bit of care, this kit can be made into a model indistinguishable from the modern Tamagawajimi wunderkits which cost 3 times as much.
spiralcity
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 09:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

And yet, with just a little bit of care, this kit can be made into a model indistinguishable from the modern Tamagawajimi wunderkits which cost 3 times as much.

So true. With a little elbow grease and some after market offerings you could turn this kit into a winner.

The only problem with buying some of the old kits is that sellers are buying them up and reselling as collectibles at rather high prices. I find eBay to be a mixed bag, sometimes the prices are crazy and other times you can land an oldie dirt cheap.
spiralcity
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 01:26 AM UTC
Here's a look at a kit I heard many people ask about. I hope this little video helps others to decide if a kit like this is for them or not.

21 Century Toys 1/32 Macchi 205

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj4nxRWGaJc
 _GOTOTOP