_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Death From Above - Huey UH-1C
Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 05:59 PM UTC
Hello guys. After completing the Cover Up Campaign i am trying to catch up in the next days the Death from Above one So i ve opened the box and started to build the cockpit adding some detail (as my reference shows). this is very primarily but i always wanna share with you , to get inspiration and boost up courage . Thanks

shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 06:14 PM UTC
Looking good. Those parts are hard to do. Well done. Are you going to put it in a dio?
Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 06:38 PM UTC
In the first place i hope just to catch up the campaign days just more 25 days. Then it will be put in a dio in Vietnam while the chopper will be trying to lift after has left down in battle zone some marines . But i am searching 2 DML kits from US Army in NAM to complete the figures i need. I just hope to get the dates for the campaign and then well see....
tom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 681 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 02:00 AM UTC
Holy Cow, :-)

Man that is inpressive work how long did it take you? I can't wait to see the finished work or even a update from the rest of the model. Has any of your work been published. It should be but into some of the worlds top mag's.

I wish I could do all that little extra detail, it brings a massive improvement for just a straight out of the box. How long did it take you to learn that to acheive that quality of detail?

I have tried some small things but nothing like that.

Happy :-) Modeling
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 02:03 AM UTC
The weave on the seats looks too broad and they are uneven. The Hueys I've seen have a relatively smooth fabric on the seats. If you're lookng to get some texture, you might want to consider tissue soaked in white glue instead.
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
AeroScale: 305 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 02:35 AM UTC
Are you trying to do 'add on' seat covers or duplicate the production fabric. If you're doing production, the weave (as AJ said) is to broad. Go with some Tissue paper/white glue water mix. I think you'll like the outcome.
If you're going seat cover, I'd add straps to hold the fabric in place.

Also,work on the natural positioning of the belts, I realize there is a long way to go and crew etc.
The tape (?) just on the inside of the lap belt buckles seams a bit thick. Could you try with some thinner tape or paper? (last photo - belt closest to the stick)

I say - go man go on super detailing you have the right idea and the right techniques, just a smidge of tweaking will help. Keep it up.
ShermiesRule
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 05:22 AM UTC
The seat pads look like those weaves taxi drivers and truckers use on their seats to make it more comfortable for long days in the seat
Captain94
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 239 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 10:16 AM UTC
Hey Goose!

what did you make the seat covers out of? I don't think I've ever seen covers quite like that.

I've seen sheepskin type covers, not the beaded type someone mentioned earlier.

Anyway, so far so good!
Whiskey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 252 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 04:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Are you trying to do 'add on' seat covers or duplicate the production fabric. If you're doing production, the weave (as AJ said) is to broad. Go with some Tissue paper/white glue water mix. I think you'll like the outcome.
If you're going seat cover, I'd add straps to hold the fabric in place.

Also,work on the natural positioning of the belts, I realize there is a long way to go and crew etc.
The tape (?) just on the inside of the lap belt buckles seams a bit thick. Could you try with some thinner tape or paper? (last photo - belt closest to the stick)

I say - go man go on super detailing you have the right idea and the right techniques, just a smidge of tweaking will help. Keep it up.

I agree with slodder on the seats. The fabric wasnt that heavy and big. In fact I think it would look a lot better if you had left it like it was originally. Just my two cents.
Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 05:19 PM UTC
Hi there guys and thanks for commenting. The seat texture was supposed to look better but it just did not!! so i am going back on them to change the look . The seat belts made from aluminium tape may be a lil wider than should maybe due to my wrong scaling down from archive pictures i ll have to recalculate. From this one there has been much improvement on the engine area and detailing so i think i ll have to post some more for you to comment on. Thanks for taking the time to look on my work guys .
AndersHeintz
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
AeroScale: 22 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 06:06 PM UTC
Hey Maj. Goose!

That looks simply awesome! Looking forward to see it progress!!
 _GOTOTOP