_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Interior colour of Canadian Armed Forces A/C
Robbd01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
AeroScale: 213 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 08:39 PM UTC
I was rummaging thru my stash looking to add something to my shelf (display case) of doom and found I have an old HobbyCraft DHC CC-142 (Dash 8 ). I was wondering what is/was the interior colour (mostly cockpit). I am assuming some gray/grey. Here is a link of what my goal will be:

http://iwww.airliners.net/photo/Canada---Air/De-Havilland-Canada/0767936/L/

Thanks

Cheers

Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 09:33 PM UTC
Mostly greys is correct. Here's a cockpit shot:

Interior walls are very light grey/off white, and the cargo area floor will be darker grey with black non-skid and metallic cargo fixtures. the Nav trainers have blue accents and carpets because Navs complain if you don't give them their luxuries.
Robbd01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
AeroScale: 213 posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2016 - 02:45 AM UTC
Thanks Jess. Great pics. Why google when you can kitmaker(Aeroscale)

These are the FS numbers for the camo from the instructions: FS35237, FS34096 and FS36118. I was going to get the Testors MM enamel equivalents. I have found great side view pics but nothing showing the top of the fuselage/wings. Hoping the instructions are close to accurate.

The kit's title says it is CC/CT-142 and I am not sure what the difference is related to the kit. When I google CT-142 I get images of the deep shiny blue craft with the really pointy nose. When I google CC-142 I get what the kit looks like. With that I am going to do CC-142. I am not sure if I am bold enough the cut the doors/hatches and do a little interior scratch building like my link above. This kit has very limit detail ie Zero/nadda landing gear bays but I think it is a cool looking subject.

Cheers

Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2016 - 06:18 AM UTC
Before the Gonzo nose was installed, the CTs looked exactly like the CCs, but that state of affairs didn't last long.

However, this didn't stop Hobbycrap from getting their boxtop incorrect, as usual. I mean only on planet Hobbycrap is a Tutor a CT-141
 _GOTOTOP