_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
LO Model AT-3 Completed!
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 05:23 AM UTC
I’ve always been a fan of two-seaters, whether they’re purpose-built trainers or two-seater versions of frontline combat machines. There’s something about the longer canopy and change in overall proportion that I think just makes most planes look better. That’s why so many of my models (both built and in the “stash”) are two-holers.

Of course, it goes without saying, that the more obscure the plane is the better I like it, and if it’s a two-seater than you can pretty much bet I’m going to pick it up. That was exactly the case when I came across the LO Models kit of the Taiwanese AT-3 Tsu-Chang. This is a pretty unknown aircraft, purpose-designed for training, but like so many of its ilk, it has a secondary combat capability.

I am really quite pleased with how this little bird turned out, but let me warn you; this is not an easy kit to build. It’s simple, sure, but that simplicity masks some serious issues. Still, there’s not likely to be an Tamigawa or Trupet-boss kits of it soon (although, who knows…), so what you sees is what you gets, as they say!

Check it out and let me know what you think!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/planes/lo-models-172-aidc-at-3-tsu-chang/

_GOTOTOP