_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Corsair Color Photos?
Mitch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 32 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 01:47 PM UTC
Hi all, in my quest for perfection I am in need of some color photos of a Corsair cockpit, I've searched around on the web and can't find anything of the interior in color, found plenty of the outside though Anyway, if anyone can hook me up with a link or pic that'd be great.

Thanks in Advance
Mitch
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 02:57 PM UTC
If you can get Bert Kinzeys Detail&scale F4U Corsair Vol.#55 there are some color pics of the cockpit of an F4U1-A on pages 36 $ 37. You might be able to pick up the book via Squadron mail order, i'm not sure but give it a try. Hope this helps, Wingman out.
Augie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 711 posts
AeroScale: 107 posts
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 07:43 PM UTC
There is a website of cockpits and the instrument panels of aircraft. I'm sorry but I can't remember the name of it but it was on a previous thread on this site. It ranges from WWII aircraft to modern day fighters and many others. Maybe someone else here can remember the name of it.
ZoomieE7
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 145 posts
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 08:12 PM UTC
"Instrument Panels" is to be found at http://gra.midco.net/mlgould/ The Corsair 'pit is there but mostly shots of the panel, not much else.
Mitch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 08:38 PM UTC
Zoomie, thanks for the link, much appreciated
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 03:00 AM UTC
Hi Mitch,
Here is a link for you that has a couple of cockpit photos. It appears they were taken in low light with flash but the pics still give you a really good look at the cockpit.
I had some really good cockpit photos from somewhere when I just did my corsair but now I can't find them. If I can remember where I got them I'll post the link for you.
http://members.tripod.com/smref/f4u.htm
Also if you have access to it or can find one, 'Flight Journal' magazine has a special issue devoted just to the Corsair. I would bet that there are some excellent cockpit shots in there.

Good modeling,
Wayne
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 11:38 AM UTC
Hi Mitch
I found that link I was looking for. There are some excellent walkaround photos of the whole corsair along with some really nice shots of the cockpit interior.
This should give you lots of detailing info for you and I am glad I could find it again :-)

http://www.kiwiaircraftimages.com/corsair.html

Hope it's not too late for these to help you out and good modeling
Wayne
Mitch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 04:08 PM UTC
Thanks for that link Wayne, the photos of the cockpit are great, and I'm also going to try to scratch build some details in the landing gear bays based on those pics...

Thanks again,
Mitch
 _GOTOTOP