_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Any US experience with Aviation Megastore?
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 09:46 AM UTC
I'm considering ordering an item from the Aviation Megastore near the Schipfol airport in Holland. Do any US customers have any experience with this dealer? I'm particularly interested in the shipping time and cost-- the item I'm ordering isn't large, but will be over $150 USD. They seem to be the only dealer carrying the item right now, that's why I'm gong this route.
VR, Russ
Redhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,460 posts
AeroScale: 1,443 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 05:04 PM UTC
Their shipping is expensive but I have always gotten what I ordered within a fairly reasonable time. They strike me as a large, reputable organization. Never heard anything bad about them.
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 08:44 PM UTC
Brian,
Thanks--regarding the shipping, I had that impression too, but just wanted to be sure before I placed an expensive order.
VR Russ
Wolfhound113
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 49 posts
AeroScale: 26 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 - 02:18 AM UTC
Hi,

I've been shopping there for about 15 years. They're really solid.

Their actual name is Luchtvaart Hobby Shop - LHS. I live down the road, so LHS is my LHS. I like dropping by after work and nose around in their vast shop (it's as big as a hanger, even has an aircraft hanging from the roof, inside), rooting about in their decals room or looking for an ejection seat.
They're very friendly and incredibly knowledgeable. It's a very "open" shop and you see them shipping huge orders all the time.

Obviously I don't mail order from them but I know lots of people who do and on a regular basis. I've never heard of anybody having any problems at all.

I never really liked their website but you can find what you're looking for and their inventory is first rate. If the site says it's in stock, it's in stock. If it says they're sold out, they're sold out. On the phone too, they're totally straight. It's a no-BS operation.

Rgds,

Marc
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 - 07:04 AM UTC
Marc,
Thanks for the info-- I really appreciate it-- they looked like a great operation from the website-- I'm a little confused by the shipping & VAT charges-- since I'll be paying in USD with shipping to the US. But I think I'll go ahead and post my order with them and see what happens.
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP