_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Flanker / Sea Flanker color profiles?
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
AeroScale: 419 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 01:10 AM UTC
Ok, maybe it's just me. But I cannot for the life of me (and these not so old eyes) tell one pantone grey from the next on the Italeri Sea Flanker painting guide (in black and white / greyscale in the instructions). I understand they are none to accurate anyway.

Has anyone got a good color scan of a Su27 or better yet Sea Flanker color profile?

Even a scan of the Encore or Hasegawa painitng instructions would be helpful. But not the Heller UB instructions, I have those and they are worse!

Even a partial scan of the Linden Hill "Flankers on Patrol" would be of use.

I know color monitors do not do the colors justice, but I just want to see the demarcations for what goes where.

I've been to Ken Duffy's Flankerman site and know how wrong the Italeri kit is, and even read what he wrote about the scheme, but since I don't have any of those books and am not going to buy them for what is essentially a slammer..
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 01:41 AM UTC
I did a quick Google search and came up with this one off the top.. I don't know if you saw this or not but maybe it can help ya out. The pics thru the atricle aren't bad and it mentions the painting of the bird as well... Hope this helps if you have not already viewed this..

http://www.lindenhillimports.com/seaflanker.htm

Hope it works and gives ya something to go on.

Paul
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
AeroScale: 419 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 01:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I did a quick Google search and came up with this one off the top.. I don't know if you saw this or not but maybe it can help ya out. The pics thru the atricle aren't bad and it mentions the painting of the bird as well... Hope this helps if you have not already viewed this..

http://www.lindenhillimports.com/seaflanker.htm

Hope it works and gives ya something to go on.

Paul

Paul,
Thanks for the quick reply, I'd seen that one from the Linden Hill site and from the link on Duffy's Flankerman site as well. It's got good pics, but not how the scheme extends to the underside.
The list of paints he uses is very helpful though.

I'll keep looking.

Mike
bytepilot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Karnataka, India / भारत
KitMaker: 381 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 05:06 PM UTC
Hi Mike,

Came across this site while I was patrolling the web for my own Sukhoi Su-30 MKI(Indian version of the Su-27UB Flanker C). Thought you may find it useful:
ColorScan
Scan II

Complete bunch of excellent pics on the Su-27 :
Su-27 Flanker Pics Link
On the above link, go to the end to see a set of color and b/w profiles of the Flanker.

I also have the 1/48 Academy UB kit, and can scan the profile for you if you want. ut it'll be in B/W, so let me know !!

HTH...

Cheers, BP.
 _GOTOTOP