_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
trumpeter hind review
mikeli125
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 07:33 AM UTC
quick check out pmms terry ashley has a in the box review of it by the looks of it it's a belter :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
PorkChop
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 10:33 AM UTC
LOL,
You beat me to posting the link. About $130 USD (steep price, but hey we don't have kids). Will one of these Beasts be in my stack... I think so.
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
AeroScale: 419 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 10:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

LOL,
You beat me to posting the link. About $130 USD (steep price, but hey we don't have kids). Will one of these Beasts be in my stack... I think so.

And beat me to it too..
US$93 and free shipping from VLS with Masters Group Membership

not an employee, just a long time member who is VERY happy he gets the membership every year for the birthday present.

Mike
ZoomieE7
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 145 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 12:08 PM UTC
No boubt adought it, Trumpeter scores bigtime AGAIN! Beating the "capitalist" model producers at their own game. Sure, the price tag's hefty, but it seems with every new large-scale release, the modeling trading boards are filled with: " I'll trade all my "Tamiyagawa" stash (plus resin and PE) for "the new Trumpeter________". Personally, I 'd rather have the Mi-8/17, but then, I'm a Cold War Warrior. . .
Tiger101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 902 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 02:37 PM UTC
I cant believe that this kit has finally made it. I have been waiting for it for quite some time. Trumpeter has improved with each kit and, this one will have a ton of aftermarket items to fill this kit up. As Terry says in his review the decal markets choices alone WOW. Now to decide which way to paint the kit. Hmmmmmm choices choices.
mikeli125
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 08:29 PM UTC
zoomie,
I think trumpeter are going to do the Mi-8 so i'll go nice with my hound and hind (when I get it!) just got to sell a few kits on e-pay now
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
AeroScale: 419 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2004 - 12:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I cant believe that this kit has finally made it. I have been waiting for it for quite some time. Trumpeter has improved with each kit and, this one will have a ton of aftermarket items to fill this kit up. As Terry says in his review the decal markets choices alone WOW. Now to decide which way to paint the kit. Hmmmmmm choices choices.

Swing over to Linden Hill ( www.lindenhillimports.com ) and check out their "Bush War hnds" decals and Begemot's Hind decals as well. Loads of profiles and markings options.

The Linden Hill ones are in 1/72 and 1/48, Begemot is just 1/72, but it gives enough info to be useful for 1/35th. I especially like the black striped stinger tail' Hinds from Chechnya where all unit and a/c markings were painted over.

Maybe if we're lucky Linden Hill will do them in 1/35th as well.

Mike
Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2004 - 10:15 PM UTC
for sure it took one of the first places in my "to do " list
 _GOTOTOP