Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2016 - 02:16 PM UTC
I have a friend who is building the Revell 1/72 B-17 "Memphis Bell" for a neighbours child who has Autism and he doesn't have the means to scan the decal sheet for me.

Can any of you who have this kit and a scanner scan the decal sheet for me please?

I need it:
1. Square on the scanner.
2. At a hi resolution 600dpi minimum, 1200dpi very much better
3. At 1:1

Thank you in advance
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 02:18 AM UTC
Hi Mal

I think I'm missing something somewhere in this. Why doesn't your friend just send you the decals he already has (or simply use them)?

All the best

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 10:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Mal

I think I'm missing something somewhere in this. Why doesn't your friend just send you the decals he already has (or simply use them)?

I asked him not to send them, it causes me a lot of grief. I won't go into the details but believe me it does, I have had a few customers send me decals so I know!

I met the guy after slagging off grammar and spelling on a particular FB page. Yeah, I know, I'm not the best, but some of the "text speak" on there is a depressing! I said that unless that you are Dyslexic, then there is no excuse. It wasn't directed at him, but "text speakers" in general because I refuse to deal with it via email! He had initiated the thread, and there were a lot speaking in a similar vain to me, then he came back on and said that he was Dyslexic. So I apologised, of course, then we were messaging and he told me that he also had PTSD and that he had tried to commit suicide the previous week! After a long chat, I sent him some masks and he loves them. He came back to me and asked for masks for the B-17, which he is building for his Autistic neighbour. He always paints on his markings, so how can I tell him to just use the decals?

So does anyone have the decal sheet that they could scan for me?
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 01:18 AM UTC
Hi again Mal

Looking at shots on online, Revell's artwork isn't exactly spot on anyway, so you might be better off referring to shots of the restoration etc. if you want to get it right for your friend.

All the best

Rowan
Redhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,460 posts
AeroScale: 1,443 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 01:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi again Mal

Looking at shots on online, Revell's artwork isn't exactly spot on anyway, so you might be better off referring to shots of the restoration etc. if you want to get it right for your friend.

All the best

Rowan

If you can adjust from 1/48 to 1/72, the Revell 1/48 Memphis Belle decal sheet is really good.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 02:24 AM UTC
Reduce the 1/48 scan by 67% and it'll come out in 1/72.
Robbd01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
AeroScale: 213 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 02:42 AM UTC
Hey Mal,
Good to see you're still around. I will throw my hat in to help since you were kind enough to make me a set of masks for a unique subject awhile ago (B-24D Lady Be Good). I don't have the 1/72 Revell kit but I do have the 1/72 Hasegawa kit that has the Memphis Bell (along with Hells Bells) decals. They are a little yellowed but if your making masks that should not be an issue. If you follow Jessie's suggestion, I do have the 1/48 Revell B-17D that has the Memphis Bell markings. If all your other offers fail let me know and I can scan them which ever one you want. My son is a recent grad in computer graphic design and is pretty good around a scanner and photo shop.

Let me know

Cheers

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 11:25 AM UTC
Thank you all, scaling is not a problem So, Robbie, a scan of the Revell 1/48 decal sheet would be good?

My email address: [email protected]

Robbd01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 02:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank you all, scaling is not a problem So, Robbie, a scan of the Revell 1/48 decal sheet would be good?

In the queue Mal. Will be scanning max res for ya. I noticed the backing is a little yellow. I will have the son do a scan 'as is' and maybe another to lighten up the background. It looks like one busy sheet of decals. Includes all the micro stenciling and I guess each station had some girl's name tied to it. Anyways stay tuned.

Cheers

KPHB17FE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 292 posts
AeroScale: 292 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 03:03 AM UTC
All the names and such around each station were added after her missions so to portray as she flew in combat, you wouldn't need those anyway.
Robbd01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2016 - 02:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Email Sent. Hope it will work for ya.

Cheers

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2016 - 12:45 PM UTC
Thanks Robbie, perfect