_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Huey UH-1C - D.F.A. - Part 3 Interrior
Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 06:56 PM UTC
Hello there guys . this part 3 of the Huey 1/35 Academy for the Death from Above Camp. I ve moved in painting the engine area, and the cockpit panels. I va also hollowed out the plastic stuff the pretended to be grills on the engin covers and replaced it with PE Grill so i think it looks a lot better . I ve also changed the seat covers which was thick enough with some fabrique with finer texture as i found some close pictures of real huey seats and i saw how it is. Check out and tell me . There is some more work to do with painting in the engine area and the interrior but i wanted you to see it, dont think i was lazy on weekend. I worked guys !!!!!

Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 07:34 PM UTC
I see you worked GOOD during weekend brother Costas. The detailing is looking very good as you started painting. Small details will be seen as you make some shading and adding highlights. The engine compartment looks very complicated and dirty as in a 1/1 Huey. the grills of the engine cover is very good after the change and I am glad you changed the seat covers.those are better and realistic than the mesh ones.
good work brother
Whiskey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 252 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2004 - 01:32 PM UTC
How'd you paint the dials on the instrument panel? Fine tip brush with magnifying glass? A neat trick that I've started to use is a dab of future in those areas to give the seperate instruments a glass look.
Your interior looks pretty darn good Goose, but you may want to give your engine some silver because that looks like its been rusted out amigo.
Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2004 - 05:37 PM UTC
The interrior was painted as you said whiskey. Magnifying lens and brushes 5/0 and 10/0 were used and also some pins. The engine area was painted in a mix of gunmetal and silver in first place and then washed heavily with dilluted oil paints , due to the Vietnam heavy used pictures i refer to all the construction that show the engine area almost totally black after many hours of flight and less maintenance. This area will be highlated anyway to show up the detail in the next stage before closing the box.
AndersHeintz
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
AeroScale: 22 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2004 - 05:46 PM UTC
Awesome work Maj. Goose! I just love the Huey's and you sure are making one hell of a nice job of it! Great job!
Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2004 - 05:52 PM UTC
Thanks a lot Anders. if i had your painting skill i bet it would be better!! hehehehe
RotorHead67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
AeroScale: 226 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 06:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The interrior was painted as you said whiskey. Magnifying lens and brushes 5/0 and 10/0 were used and also some pins. The engine area was painted in a mix of gunmetal and silver in first place and then washed heavily with dilluted oil paints , due to the Vietnam heavy used pictures i refer to all the construction that show the engine area almost totally black after many hours of flight and less maintenance. This area will be highlated anyway to show up the detail in the next stage before closing the box.

GOOSE,
The cockpit and instr. panel looks great.
But you need to reconsider your engine colors!! The pics I sent you of this area are quite good and with over 10 years and 1500 hrs flight time , I can tell you the engine area is to dark, and reguardless of how many flight hours logged the engine doesn't get that dirty.
The engine itself is made of Aluminum, Magnesium, and Titanium. All materials are shades of gray or silver. The only part of the engine that is dark is the compressor section (which is in the center) and it is a dark grey color like testors Gunship grey.
Other then these suggestions it looks the part so far.
Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 08:04 PM UTC
Thanks Todd , the weathering process took me in dark paths all over the engine area!!!!! i ll highlight the parts you indicate with metall shades and i hope it turn as expected to be. Thanks for your help all the way . Everything ok there? we havent talked for some time
 _GOTOTOP