_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito MK VI
GazzaS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
AeroScale: 1,938 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 02:57 AM UTC
Peter,
Just stunning! Your attention to detail impresses. You certainly inspire emulation!

Gaz
Peterpools
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 197 posts
AeroScale: 193 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 04:07 AM UTC
Gary
So very much appreciated. The ammo chutes have driven me crazy and next time around, Brassin for the details (Yup, there will be another Mossie not to far down the line). Being a Box Stock contest model, my hands are tied with no AM sets; just what's in the box.
I've started to gloss the ammo boxes tonight and some of the interior areas, leading up to the oil and MIG pin washes, I'm hoping twill pop the details a bit more. Somewhere along the line, I stopped using washes to bring out the interior details as it has a nasty habit of darkening all the colors.
Peter
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 07:33 PM UTC
Pete,
You've got me spending way too much time on those ammo gun chutes. Every picture I've seen has Ammo in them. Tamiya's are empty chutes. My question is why would the back of he chutes be copper or a metal of copper color, when the rest of the chute is made from Aluminum sheet? If that's the case then there has to be a seam somewhere, and the back would make the most sense.
Joel
Peterpools
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 07:54 PM UTC
JA
Tamiya's are not empty ammo chutes or they would be hollow. They just failed to represent the .303 ammo and it's the only 'knock' downside of the kit. Every build photo I've seen and even the ADH book by Brett green has them painted some brass color.
On all of the Tamiya 32nd scale kits I've built (and that's quite a few), the ammo belts and .303 or .50 cal depending on the MG, has been average to less then average at best.
If I was allowed to replace them with the Brassin ammo chutes for the contest I would do it, as I have the sets but I'm confined by the rules and have to just make due with what's in the box.
Bro
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 08:49 PM UTC
Pete,
I see. But in the photos they do look empty. Like I said, just weather as your next step and move on.

Joel
Peterpools
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 09:14 PM UTC
JA
Weathered and I've moved on
Bro
Jfsmith1222
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 08:14 PM UTC
Hi Peter,

I'm speechless after looking at your ammo feeds, MGs, and instrument panel. Simply gorgeous work. Superlatives fail me here. Watching closely for the next step.

John
Twentecable
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 339 posts
AeroScale: 244 posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 - 09:42 PM UTC
Really nice paint job, it could maybe benefit from some scratches, are you planning to do them?

gr TC
 _GOTOTOP