_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire MkXIe
Peterpools
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 197 posts
AeroScale: 193 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 12:45 AM UTC
Just love those Tamiya 32nd scale kits and while I'm knee deep in their Mossie, just thought I would post a few photographs of my first Tamiya Spitfire. Brilliant kit and who knew where were going on the Tamiya Express.
Enjoy and thank you for stopping by
Peter

GazzaS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
AeroScale: 1,938 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 02:24 PM UTC
Peter,
That really is stunning! Love the engine and pilot detail! The hollowed out exhausts are another fine point. As usual...superior canopy sheen!

Gaz
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 07:02 PM UTC
Pete,
I nearly forgot about your Spit. It was a favorite when you 1st built it, and it's still a favorite.

Your camo paint scheme really looks quite good with neat, clean demarcation lines. And just enough weathering for a well maintained operational aircraft. Your paint painting technique really lends itself quite well to producing that weathered paint effect. As for your spinner, the dark wash really made those rivets pop, and the spinner look just that much better.

Just wish that you would have left one side of the engine with it's panels on, so you can see the smooth lines of the aircraft so much better.

Joel
Peterpools
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2016 - 06:02 AM UTC
Thanks Gary, so very much appreciated. The Spit was my first Tamiya 32nd scale build and I've been hooked ever since on their kits. With each kit, they just keep getting better and better and all the toy like features are now thankfully gone.
As I work on the Mossie and it's twin Merlins, Tamiya has managed to include enough new parts to alter the Merlins form those in the Spit and Mustangs. Remarkable engineering form Tamiya for sure.
Peter
Peterpools
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2016 - 06:14 AM UTC
Ja
I always install the magnets so the cowls can go on but after all the work on the Merlin, I wanted to have the engine bay wide opened. Cammo was all freehand, no masks or worms.
I have my Tamiya Spit MkVII with the cowl closed and in a while I'll post some photos.
Bro
 _GOTOTOP