_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Monogram A-26 - weights?!?
dsmith
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 183 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 04:32 AM UTC
Has anybody built the Monogram A/B-26 Invader. I am about to start this kit, and I am trying to figure out how the heck to put weight in it. I know you can put it in the engine nacelles, but it seems like you would need so much weight, and the gear is so fragile…..you can see where I am going with this. My other idea was just to attach it to a base by way of the wheels. Anybody have thoughts on this?
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 05:05 AM UTC
I did this kit a year or so back. What I use is window sealing putty. I like this stuff because it's dense and heavy, has no effect on plastic, cna be tuffed to completely fill a space and it's cheap. :-) You can get a role of this at a hardware store in the window/screen department for a couple bucks.
Yep, the nacelles are stuffed, also below the floor board of the nose, around the nose gear, under and behind the cockpit. Remember anything forward of the main gear will help balance the bird.
antoniazzip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Aragua, Venezuela
KitMaker: 158 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 08:57 AM UTC
I have also a project with that kit of Monogram, but What version do you will build?, do I have thought to begin to arm the version A-26K with the kit of conversion of CEM in 1/48 scale and I plan to place the weight inside the block of the nose using a Dremel for that.
I place pieces of the metal that is used to balance the tires in the automobiles that don't require to glue since they bring his.

Cheers.
Leal Antoniazzi Pedro
[email protected]
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 10:36 AM UTC
Hi there,

When I built this bird, a few years ago I used lead gun shot and sealed it with candle wax, as I found this material to be easy to work with in small areas of the model subject.
Hope it helps.
Regards
Rob
 _GOTOTOP