Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Arsenal VG-36 C1 | Azur 1:48
Kendzior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
KitMaker: 96 posts
AeroScale: 91 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 06:14 PM UTC
VG-36 was derived from VG-33 as next generation of promising line of fighters. Prototype of VG-36 had a new wider faired radiator bath with improved aerodynamics and a longer canopy, providing better view for the pilot. The main improvement however was a more powerful engine, Hispano-Suiza 12Y-51.
These changes resulted in much better performance, absolutely comparable to all best fighter planes of that era (60 km/h faster than Dewoitine D.520).
VG-36 was produced in only one prototype example, which was unarmed.
During the German offensive it was moved to Société des Avions René Couzinet in Levallois-Perret (it was planned to produce this type of aircraft in that factory), where she was destroyed.

One of the most beautiful fighters of the WW2 period, unfortunately did not get it's chance in 1940...

Azur's kit entered the production in 2000, was refreshed in 2010 – and that’s the boxing I have. Typical standard for this period and the brand: a bit “soapy” injection molded parts, much nicer resin, vacuum formed canopy.

There are many challenges throughout the building process. Wheel wells (resin castings are much shallower, 2-3 mm, than their corresponding recess in the hull, which would result with a step in the wells), exhaust stacks (must be installed individually and at a correct angle, which requires a lot of patience), fit of the wings to fuselage, horizontal stabilizers have the wrong shape, fit of the inter-cooler housing to the fuselage, fit of the canopy (the main problem is that what we get in the box is a VG.33’s fuselage and VG.36’s canopy, which doesn’t fit at all), and many many other problems, but this is the fun part of our hobby, isn't it?

Not everything went as good as I wanted, but overall I think that the aircraft itself is that pretty, that it deserved the effort.
Hope you like it

Best regards
Hubert
wing_nut
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,212 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 08:23 PM UTC
Well done Hubert. Love the color scheme.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 01:25 AM UTC
Hi Hubert

Nice one! I've had the kit in my Stash for years and never got round to building it. I love more unusual subjects like this and you've done a great job with both the build and the camouflage.

All the best

Rowan
Kendzior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 01:43 PM UTC
Thanks, Mates

This kit was a challenge indeed, especially considering my poor skills (however still improving, I hope). Few new lessons learned.
Surprising thing is that in spite of all the fitting and painting problems this one went rather quickly, two months and ten days. My usual time is at least twice longer.

Best regards
Hubert

Redhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 1,460 posts
AeroScale: 1,443 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 07:45 PM UTC
Very nicely done!
Kendzior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2016 - 02:11 AM UTC
Thanks, Redhand - glad that you like it
Best regards
Hubert
Redhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 1,460 posts
AeroScale: 1,443 posts
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2016 - 04:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks, Redhand - glad that you like it
Best regards
Hubert

Really nice paint job and a very clean build!
 _GOTOTOP