_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Fly?
ThomasB
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Skĺne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
AeroScale: 141 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 03:14 AM UTC
Just wondering if anyone has any experiences from this company. I had never heard anything about them, but apparently they are going to release a couple of kits of my favorite aircraft, the SAAB J-29.
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 03:31 AM UTC
The do very nice work-- they have released several 1/144, 1/48 and 1/32 scale kits-- I've seen their AR 234 and Natter kits in 1/32 scale-- they are very well detailed, and as 1/32 kits go they are very reasonable priced. They do seem to be a little like limited run kits though-- so if you are interested in a kit, I recommend you get it before they are sold out. Their 1/144 kits are among the best, if not the best kits in that scale.
VR, Russ
JClapp
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,265 posts
AeroScale: 1,715 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 08:17 PM UTC
Aeroscale reviewers are very positive about Fly model.
gaborka
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Borsod-Abauj-Zemblen, Hungary
KitMaker: 626 posts
AeroScale: 264 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 10:04 PM UTC
I have one Fly kit (Hs-123) and, while a short run kit with the respective characteristics, it is very nice. Well buildable, with fine resin and photoetched parts. There were some minor fit issues and panel lines are somewhat unsharp at places. This particular kit is very accurate in terms of measurements and shape. Short, Fly belongs to the better Czech short run manufacturers.

sinistervampire319
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 189 posts
AeroScale: 73 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 11:46 PM UTC
They are supposed to do a 1/48 Percival Provost.
Scrodes
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 771 posts
AeroScale: 763 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 02:56 AM UTC
All of the Large Scale folks are ranting and raving about their Hurricanes. They're new on the scene but I have only heard good things and a lot of anticipation about all of their future releases so far.
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 11:10 PM UTC
I really hate to be the barer of bad news, but I've been really delving into their Hurricane release. I've read several reviews, and followed a few builds, including Doog's in-depth build.

The kit does have fantastic surface detail, especially for a limited run kit. The issues that kept on coming up was the poor instructions which made parts location in the cockpit an example of hit or miss.

Here's a quote from Doog:

"The Hurricane also has plenty of “limited run” hallmarks. Relatively thick plastic. Lots of seams and microflash to clean up. Very little in the way of alignment aids. Soft detail on many of the smaller parts."

More then one person has brought up the rather thick trailing edges.

Here's the link to Doogs' extensive video build so you'll know exactly what's in store for the builder.

https://doogsmodels.com/2016/05/24/review-132-fly-hawker-hurricane-mk-iic/

The bottom line is that if you're willing to put in the necessary time, you'll end up with a rather nice 1/32 scale Hurricane. But it will take a lot of work.

Joel
 _GOTOTOP