_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Urgent HELP on Heuy UH-1C 1/35 !!! DECALS
Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 05:56 PM UTC
Hi there guys . I am coming to an end with the build of my Heuy UH1C Academy in 1/35 and i experienced a terrible situation. The decals are awfully thick and further more they dont sit even with a nice gloss coat i have offered them they show folds due to their thickness and the deny to follow the detail of the chopper body. My major problem is that the two phrases "UNITED STATES ARMY" that goes to the sides of the tail part are now taken off and destroyed, and my chopper is without them. i have nothing from 1/35 in spares box and as for the rest of the decals many of them i had to paint them on by masking and spraying instead of using the ones the kit supplies. So what i need from you if someone has a sheet of 1/35 Huey decals and can scan the phrase "UNITED STATES ARMY" IN 1/1 SCALE TO HAVE THE RIGHT DIMENSION and in a fairly good analysis and send it to me so that i can make a stencil of it cutting out the interrior of the letters and then make a mask and spray them on the Huey . Its a lot of deal but i have no other way , i wish i had some dry transfers for it !!! The Major problem is that the Death From Above Campaign is running out and i need them A.S.A.P. or i cannot make it to finish the chopper, which till now has gone pretty well. Thanks in advance , please reply A.S.A.P. to give u my mail to send me the file. THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 02:49 AM UTC
While I can't help you with a scan of the phrase you need, I can direct you to a company that produces these decals. Just follow the link and click on decals in the left menu.

Cobra Company
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 08:59 AM UTC
Phantom:

Here's a link that may or may not help ya out.. It may not be the exact thing you looking for but maybe you can use it as a guide.

http://hans.presto.tripod.com/fonts/usaaf.html

Hope it works and helps if link doesn't work pm me and I'll e-mail it to ya on an attachment

Paul
Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 06:11 PM UTC
I ll try to solve the problem but the links u send me are very cool anyway gentlemen especially the Cobra stuff, as i plan to build some more hellos . Thanks so much
 _GOTOTOP