_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Hind Troop compartment interior color?
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
AeroScale: 419 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 04:48 AM UTC
I've got the GREAT Linden Hill 1/72 "Bush War Hinds" decal set and 3x of the Italeri Hind's to use them on as well as a Hasegawa kit.. and a 'free ' day to build.

Italeri wants me to use Light Ghost Grey for the troop compartment and Hasegawa wants Med Sea Grey..

BOTH are wrong on other paint colors in other places in their instructions.. go figger..

I'm looking in the Wings and Wheels and in the 4+ vols, as well as the Squardon and the Motorbooks Hind vols, no one says..

Mike
RotorHead67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
AeroScale: 226 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 06:54 AM UTC
[quote]I've got the GREAT Linden Hill 1/72 "Bush War Hinds" decal set and 3x of the Italeri Hind's to use them on as well as a Hasegawa kit.. and a 'free ' day to build.
Italeri wants me to use Light Ghost Grey for the troop compartment and Hasegawa wants Med Sea Grey..
BOTH are wrong on other paint colors in other places in their instructions.. go figger..
I'm looking in the Wings and Wheels and in the 4+ vols, as well as the Squardon and the Motorbooks Hind vols, no one says..
Mike[/quote)

Mike:
The color you seek is from Testors Modelmaster line. #2135 Soviet interior Blue/Green
Savage
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
AeroScale: 97 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 10:49 AM UTC
MLD

I’ve only every seen inside one Hind and it was a light greyish green, but my wife says I am colour blind so?????? In any case check out this site for a walkaround of the Hind D / E & F:
http://www.b-domke.de/AviationImages/Hind.html

It includes these of the cockpit / cockpits

MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
AeroScale: 419 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 11:24 AM UTC
The WWP book , which is as close to "one picture of every part of the helicopter" as you are ever going to get has the cockpit panels of all versions painted in that funky blue-green Soviet intrerior color, but the rear troop compartment is a very different color.

Some of the pics look almost like the "Sea Foam Green " of the modern US armor, but this I think is a trick of the light.

Most of the pics are a darker blue-grey color. Some look like a pale blue, darker than the bottom of the helicopter.
Some look to be the same color as the wheel wells.

If I were any good at the whole scanning, hosting and posting thing I'd include pics.. sorry.

Mike
Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 09:17 PM UTC
Savage great site there, many pics of the Hind and good details !!!! Thanks for sharing
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 09:43 PM UTC
Hind Interior
cockpit details
see tones of Hind walkarounds

cargo comp