_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
WnW and Weta Camel ordering?
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 01:25 AM UTC
Anybody know what's going on with ordering the new Camel on Wingnut Wings website? On 1/9 and 1/10 the Camels came up for pre-order on the WnW site which stated delivery in 1st Qtr 2017. I was directed to the Weta Workshop site, were they were listed as a pre-order too for 1st Qtr 2017. I ordered one, there was a service charge of $11 to my card, and a confirmation was given with a statement that "the balance would be charged when shipped". It also showed that shipping was $11. Today, I went to the site to order another Camel and the WnW site reverted to the "Coming Soon" message, with a "delivery in early 2017", and now all the Camels have been taken down on the Weta site--you can't order any, pre-order or otherwise. I've ordered several kits from WnW before, but not since they've gone with Weta. This is the first I've ever seen a "pre-order"-- but figured it was a new thing now that Weta is involved. Now I'm a little concerned since the Camel has been taken off both websites completely for order. Anyone else have this experience? I'm also surprised at the shipping, considering I only live 27 miles from the Weta warehouse--the shipping appears to be a flat rate delivery charge--anywhere in the USA, so $11 isn't too bad.
VR, Russ
rdt1953
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,098 posts
AeroScale: 900 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 02:04 AM UTC
Russ - I noticed the same thing. I saw the pre order bit and figured I would wait a day and it looks like I'm too late. My guess is they pre sold the first batch and will re post purchase capability when more are available,or the site crashed in a feeding frenzy. ( or maybe they shut down to concentrate on developing a Dolphin for you LOL ! ).
Richard
redcap
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
AeroScale: 311 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 02:15 AM UTC

Dave Johnson has already put out a WNW/Weta circulation on this topic and seemingly it is a computer problem. They have suspended taking further orders until it is sorted.

His message is posted on Hypsecale site and also on the Brit Modeller site.

HTH
Gary
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 02:24 AM UTC
Richard, if they shut down to get a Dolphin or Jenny out-- I'm all for that! It just seems odd to me that they would have it open for pre-orders for such a short period. Surely they have enough planned to last for a year or two. Then again, folks have been asking for a Camel for so long that maybe they were swamped with orders-- but I doubt it-- $90 (with shipping) is reaching a high price point now. As a retiree, my wife told me these two Camels ought to be the last two (my answer was "OK dear, until a Dolphin comes out!") I've already built the newer HobbyCraft Clerget Camels (not really a bad kit with TLC) as Barker's first configuration and last configuration B6313 with the little red devil car radiator ornament on the guns, but I couldn't resist the next to last version of 6313 in this kit. And just had to get Roy Brown's Bentley too. Oh well, we'll wait and see what happens I guess.
VR, Russ
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 02:39 AM UTC
Well, I just went to the Hyperscale site, and sure enough, Dave from WnW said they suspended pre-orders and will get in touch with those who already have pre-ordered. I sure hope this is not going to be a problem with Weta and new WnW releases, I've never had a problem ordering before with WnW. Is this the first new kit issued through Weta?
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP