_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
pavla defiant NF II
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 04:24 AM UTC
been working on this for a while now,it had resin and etched parts all in the box but the resin,the etched, and the injection seem to be made by different people who didnt talk to each other.a lot of this kit has been shaved,cut away or ditched! however its now beginning to look like an aeroplane and i have a couple of questions about how im going to proceed, firstly whats the best tool to use to re-scribe panel lines, ive used a sharp blade before but only on little lines lost, not more than a centimetre's worth and i feel i need somthing else that will make a slightly wider line.the next thing is that this aircraft will be finished in black so whats the best color to highlight these panel lines?
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 05:08 AM UTC
here it is!
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2004 - 04:12 AM UTC
Hi Phil I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago and AJLaFleche offered this advise

Quoted Text

Ignore 'em. In scale, they aren't going to show up anyway. Look at a black car across the street. How much of the trunk/hood/door seams can you really see?
Alternatively, you could use very slightly lighter shades along the lines.
Or you could use a slightly different level of sheen.
Tint the main color with a hint of blue and use straight black for the panels or vice versa.

Cheers
Peter
:-)
 _GOTOTOP