_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Review
Trumpeter: Mil Mi-24V Hind-E
tinbanger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,507 posts
AeroScale: 1,814 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 04:07 AM UTC

Inbox review of Mil Mi-24V Hind-E from Trumpeter in 1/35 scale. A huge helicopter with alot of interesting details.

Read the Review

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
RLlockie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
AeroScale: 21 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 12:31 PM UTC
It's just a shame that, like almost every other Mil 24 kit (Zvevda's 1/72 example being a noticeable exception), the fuselage completely misses the twist behind the nose section. The drawings in the 4+ show it well and it is a bit of a stinker to fix if such things bother you.
RangerNeil
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2019 - 01:41 AM UTC
Just about to start on this model. I took heed of the reviewers comments on advance planning and decided to go for displaying the Hind as undergoing final flight preparation prior to operation in the Afghanistan campaign. The Czech firm special hobby.eu do two sets of Soviet helicopter crew - standing or sitting - so I am thinking perhaps a UAZ 469 carrying the crew with mechanic finalising weapons load and engine checks. Just need to find some photos of the type of maintenance ladder/platform used by Soviet ground crews in Afghanistan. I have the Eduard photo-etch kits to supplement the Trumpeter kit.
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
AeroScale: 419 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2019 - 03:28 AM UTC
I have one as a long stalled WIP.It's a beautiful kit ootb, but in addition to the twist in the fuselage, would benefit from some updates.
The color Eduard Photoetch for the cockpit is a real eye catcher.
The kit as offered does not include the main rotor linkages or the electronics suite in the 'tunnel' between the cockpit and the troop compartment. The cockpit is missing the missile control yoke and the sight. Cobra Co offered this a long time ago.
There are many good photos of the troop compartment window gun crutches and wiring.
Linden Hill do a 1/35 stencils sheet which will help as well.

I really ought to pull mine back out
Mike
 _GOTOTOP