_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
PROPOSAL: BATTLE DAMAGE CAMPAIGN
ClaytonFromEllijay
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
AeroScale: 63 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 03:21 AM UTC
Here's an idea for a Campaign that, while I am sure has been done before, might make for a fun 2nd half of this year. Let me throw out some ideas, and see if any of this sticks! Of course, chime in please with any ideas!

INSPIRATION- Find a photo online, or scanned from a book, of the Battle Damage that inspires your creative juices to want to recreate it as a static model, a vignette, or a full blown diorama.

SUBJECT- Any military vehicle from any conflict from any nation- armored vehicles, aircraft, ships, and whatever is left over. If your photo inspiration is a burned out Tiger, you don't have to build the Tiger, use the photo and the Panzer II sitting on your shelf instead! Already built models are allowed, just post a “before” photo! This is a chance to use an old model that was built “so-so”, a broken or missing parts kit, a really poorly manufactured kit, or whatever you have lurking, taking up space.

TECHNIQUES- A great opportunity to try some really different modeling skills, as we usually are trying to build a complete representation of something. Realistic Battle Damage can be a challenge to re-create realistically, so let's have some fun here. The amount of damage to the vehicle needs to be substantial, so let's say 5-10 on a 1-10 scale of “None” to “Catastrophic”.

TIME FRAME- We have quite a few Campaigns ending during the Summer, so I was thinking of making this one to run from May or June through Dec. 31.

Any and All comments welcome! The "official" thread is in the Armorama site, but I've seen a lot of heroic B-17's landing without 75% of the tail fin, so this might be something the Wingers can latch onto!
DougCohen
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,293 posts
AeroScale: 1,072 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 06:19 AM UTC
Clayton
this sounds like a very cool idea, I am in for sure if you get it started.
Regards
Doug
ClaytonFromEllijay
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 07:30 PM UTC
Cool, I have 9 on tap, one more and I'll formally propose the Campaign!
ClaytonFromEllijay
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 01:20 AM UTC
This is live, see the thread at http://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/256526&page=1#2189639
 _GOTOTOP