_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Bell 212 - Malvinas War (Falklands War)
frogstudio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Argentina
KitMaker: 179 posts
AeroScale: 9 posts
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2017 - 06:36 PM UTC
I wanted to share one of my latest projects

Bell 212 | Fuerza Aerea Argentina | Registration H-85 | Malvinas War (Falklands War) | May 23, 1982.

The model is going to be part of a diorama that I have planned of the Malvinas conflict. Ialso leave brief history of this helicopter (which unfortunately was left in the isalnds and later dismantled). Regards!!!

The Commodore (R) Luis "TORDO" LONGAR gives us some miscellaneous.
We go to the origins of the brands AIR FORCE ARGENTINA and skates painted black ... the story is like this:

When Lieutenants Marcelo Pinto and Ricardo Ludueña on May 22 rescued Major Piuma and First Lieutenant Senn and had to transfer them to Goose Green, they must also transfer Flt. Ltn. Jeff Glover (his Harrier was downed by argentinian commandos using a Blowpipe misile). Glover refuses to climb the Bell 212 H-83 because he claimed that it was a combat helicopter and not a SAR as it did not have the red cross that identifies that task. Hearing this, Captain Guillermo "PONCHO" Donadille (also shot down and expecting his transfer to Goose Green) told Glover: ... "you complain that it is not ambulance ... look how we transformed it into ine in five minutes ..." With paint of the smithy of the place, with a brush the red cross was painted on the H-83. The red crosses on the sides of the Bell 212 H-83 were painted in Port Howard this way. The vertical branch on the bridge that divides both doors, and the horizontal branch in the plexiglass of the doors.

Donadille also suggested painting all the marking and skates in black (they originaly were white) as they stood out too much. When arriving the H-83 to Goose Greene, Captain Horacio CARMONA, does the same with the H-85, remaining from May 22 both Bell 212 with the same scheme. (Except the red cross in the H-83 )

I chose to do the H-85 rather than the H-83 because the diorama I have planned is of the only operation in which argentine army commandos used helicopters of the Air Force, and the one used was H-85.

Hope you like it. Cheers!!!

Nahuel19431
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Chubut, Argentina
KitMaker: 593 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 11:21 PM UTC
Another good job, Congratulations!!!
Omar
frogstudio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Argentina