_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
italeri rescue seahawk
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
AeroScale: 193 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 03:25 PM UTC
hi all,

i don't usually do wingy things but my partner decided she would like to have a go and picked up a cheap second hand italeri rescue seahawk in 1/72vscale.

i was wondering if anyone had built this kit and knew of any issues with it? we aren't going to pimp it out and do a OOB as this is the first kit my gf has ever built. I'm also looking to get hold of some decent pictures of the real thing to help paint more accurately...( bought her a £120 airbrush as well this weekend!)
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 05:50 PM UTC
Do you have a kit number to see which kit exactly it is? I have built a few of their 1/72 UH-60 Black Hawks over the years. They are decent kits. The only issue I have had with them is the chin windows under the nose are way too big and don't fit the openings. They have to be sanded down a lot to make them fit.
Klaus-Adler
MODELGEEK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 06:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Do you have a kit number to see which kit exactly it is? I have built a few of their 1/72 UH-60 Black Hawks over the years. They are decent kits. The only issue I have had with them is the chin windows under the nose are way too big and don't fit the openings. They have to be sanded down a lot to make them fit.

sure thing, HH-60 H Seahawk combat rescue helicopter italeri 1/72 model kit No: 1210
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 08:14 PM UTC
I have not built that specific model, but assume it has the same issues with the chin windows. Here is a great walk-around of an HH-60H at Prime Portal.
Klaus-Adler
MODELGEEK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 08:54 PM UTC
excellent walk around, many thanks mate
 _GOTOTOP