HOw to ?+
ACHTUNG
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 266 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 10:08 PM UTC
hi guys
i just bought F-15 D/E Eagle from revell, since i got this with a bargain price from swap and sell , and im just wondering can anyone of you explain me, how to start to paint this aircraft ?, i mean can u tell me what r u doing after u built the model ? prime the colour first ? or rise the panel line first ?
what colour do you use for this aircraft (F-15 D) since i got really excited with the colour of finished model they had :-) :-)
Thanks for your advise guys, i believe many of you know better than me How to do with the aircrafts

Marmillian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 11 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 08:23 AM UTC
Well, although I'm not the most experienced, I just undercoated mine and I did so after building and inserting the cockpit and landing gear bays. I masked them and painted around. I.ve folloed the E version since I found the squadron's website and the decals are pretty bang on. I've painted the bombs, missiles etc separetly and mounted the rails on the fuselage and filled in what I could.All that is the base color ( in my case Neutral Gray with darker/lighter highlights) is done at once and langing gear etc as subassemblies will be added on at end. One pitfall I see also, although not there yet, is decal placement when everything is in place. Might have to do separately as well

mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 02:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

How to start to paint this aircraft ?

How to start to paint this aircraft ?

1). First what you need to do is to figure out which F-15 your doing, which unit an markings. Then do a internet search of the aircraft for reference, colors and marking.

2). Priming…I never ever prime, I’ve never primed in my whole modeling life AND never had a problem…ever, (that’s just me). I think it’s a waste of paint and time. Now I’m not saying you shouldn’t but that’s my take on it.

3). Before painting I’ll wipe down the model using Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol). This will remove sanding dust and oils. Also it dries fast.

4). Paint parts and pieces in sections, cockpit, wheel and bomb bays, wheels and so on. Then assembly and mask off for final painting.

5). After deciding your fuselage colors, paint and dry. Then clear coat, dry followed by decaling. Then I’ll do a wash, either oil or a paint wash. You can find many ways of doing washes here on the site doing a search at the top of the page.

After the wash has time to dry and wiped down I’ll add on my final dull coat or which ever you want, dull, matt or gloss.

6). Remove all masking and enjoy.

Not much help but here's one I did.

My F-15C

Here is a link that will help, go through the page links. You'll find reviews, colors resource, markings and so on.

F-15 Resource Page.

Any other question feel free to ask.

Happy Modeling,
Joe
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 02:12 PM UTC
Here's another link I forgot to post,

F15 Painting