_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
99 year old RAF veteran xmas present -HELP-
raypalmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,151 posts
AeroScale: 985 posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2017 - 09:34 PM UTC
Okay folks I've been asked to do a Mosquito for a WWII veteran. How could I refuse. He was a radar operator. 151 sqdn apparently.

Trick is I can't find 151 squadron decals for mosquito and I want to depict his squadron if at all possible.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm going to do the 1/72 Tamiya kit in order to get it out and finished quickish.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 01:15 PM UTC
Drop me a PM and I'll give you my email address. I'll happily cut masks for the codes and serials for you. Mask for these items are very easy to use and they will come with comprehensive instructions.And there will be 4 of everything? All I would ask is the postage?
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 02:21 PM UTC
Hi Richard

You need to get this finished for Christmas? - you're cutting things tight if there are any hiccups...

If you're not confident using masks, an alternative to Mal's kind offer would be Aviaeology's decal sets of RAF codes and serials. They're produced in Canada, so you should be able to get them pronto.

All the best

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 01:30 PM UTC
I didn't know that you need to finish this for Christmas! Postage to Canada can take up to 3 weeks Usually it doesn't take as long as that but its at least a week!
 _GOTOTOP