_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
Su-25 in 1/48 recommendations please
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
AeroScale: 193 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 04:22 PM UTC
Hi all,

i'm looking to get hold of an Su-25 in 1/48 scale and i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good kit or manufacturer

plasticjunkie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 58 posts
AeroScale: 18 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 11:44 PM UTC
OEZ made both the single and two seater, these can still be found on evilbay. they are now available from Kovozavody Prostejov with a few resin corrections and etched details. Hannants have them.
https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=&code=&product_type_id=&scale_id=955&keyword_search=su-25&setPerPage=25¤cy_id=

Revell made one once aswell, but has more errors than the OEZ / Kovozavody Prostejov kits.

hope this was of some help.

redcap
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
AeroScale: 311 posts
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2018 - 04:46 AM UTC
There are none currently available in 1/48 which IMHO are worth the effort nor the raft of AM you need to throw at them to get them to current standards.

An all-new tool SU-25 in 1/48 is long overdue; GWH or Eduard (to the same standard as their MIG 21 series) would be my preference for giving us a state of the art kit. It's a bit of a no brainer I would have thought in terms of subject, popularity and 'character'.

Gary
 _GOTOTOP