_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Meng 1/72 F-106 & F-102 Kit Issues?
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 - 01:07 AM UTC
Folks, I've been building the Meng 1/72 F-106 and two of the Meng F-102s. The Meng F-106 has to be one of the most detailed 1/72 scale kits ever made. The fine rivet detail and opened panels are superb, but I'm finding some fit problems. I've checked on-line but can't find any builds of this kit (except for a single OOB Finescale article that doesn't go into a lot of detail). Have any of you built these kits yet? Specifically, everything has gone together well, except when I went to join the F-106 wing to the fuselage, and add the intake spliters, I have big gaps all around the wing fuselage join, and at the rear part of the wing join at the bottom of fuselage it "bumps up" in a significant "step" in back. I've removed a bunch of material inside the fuselage, and I still have the problem. I'd say it was me, but I'm building two of their F-102s too, and I have exactly the same wing to fuselage problem, and the "bump" or "step" at the lower rear fuselage is even worse in the F-102s. There's also a noticeable gap on all the models on the right side of the wing/fuselage join. These are really nice kits, there are features that are incredible in this scale, but the fit of the wing-to-fuselage join is putting me off-- I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if it's just me?b If you had these issues, how did you fix them?
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP