Fw 190 F-8 with "SG 113"
BigZimmo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 132 posts
AeroScale: 117 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 12:42 AM UTC
Hi folks!!!

The "SG 113 (Sondergeraet 113)" was a projected German weapon system for antitank defense in WW II.

A gun system developed by Rheinmetall-Borsig in the 75 mm caliber with a barrel length of 1,600 mm was tested as a weapon system. However, this was not arranged in the aircraft longitudinal direction firing forward, but mounted in the wings directed downward. The advantage of this shooting direction is that armored vehicles on the top have the least armor, which also smaller caliber can penetrate the vehicle armor. The cannons should be triggered by an electrostatic or electromagnetic sensor ("Foerstersonde") when flying over the target.

As test aircrafts in September 1944, two Focke-Wulf Fw 190 F-8 with SG 113 in the wings sent into the testing. It also examined the flying capability of the converted machine and the general impact of two guns in the wings. End of 1944, the machine was released in the troop testing. Any successes can no longer be determined.

For this project I took the older Dragon kit of a Fw 190 A-8 and turned it into an F-8. For the special armament I used the SG 113-Set from Airmodel.
Maybe the Dragon-190 is not a youngster but it was surprisingly easy to build. Yes, a little bit of putty and sanding was needed but that wasn't a problem.
Colors from Gunze an Revell.
The Figures are from ICM and they are really awesome. Easy to build, good fit......it was fun!!! Painted with Revell Aqua-Colors and weathered with diluted oil paint and various pastel chalks.

Horrido.....
Stefan

c4willy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
AeroScale: 1,517 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 01:35 AM UTC
Hi Stefan awesome work my friend! Seems familiar to me for some reason? LOL! How was the Airmodel resin conversion set? For the life of me I can't remember which set I used but it had two separate parts for the top and bottom and no photo etch. And little in the way of location information. Did you have to sand the resin parts to fit like I did or did the wings require surgery?
BigZimmo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 132 posts
AeroScale: 117 posts
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 - 10:07 PM UTC
Thanks, Willy!!!

Yes, I can also recognize certain similarities .....

The resin set by Airmodel was very easy to work with. It consisted of the two launcher tubes and two etched base plates.
I only had to cut out suitable holes in both wings. That's all......no witchcraft!!

Have a nice weekend, mate!!!
robinsonm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 35 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 - 11:43 PM UTC
excellent work
FalkeEins
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 868 posts
AeroScale: 690 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 02:04 AM UTC
wow..deserves far more praise! Excellent work
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 07:24 AM UTC
Beautifully done

Terri
rdt1953
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,098 posts
AeroScale: 900 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 07:45 AM UTC
Stefan - Beautiful job all around - Aircraft , base & figures all nicely done with great scene dynamics as well . Thanks for sharing - Richard
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
AeroScale: 1,619 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 11:50 PM UTC
Really nice work Stefan and as really interesting conversion. Often wondered how Airmodel kits build. Might have to have a proper look at them.

Were the guns recoiless in this system?
I remember reading about a similar system that fired upwards to be used against bombers, but had no idea an anti tank version was developed.
c4willy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
AeroScale: 1,517 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 01:26 AM UTC
Hi Stephen yes it was recoiless it had a counter balance weight that it fired out the other end of the tube, interesting trigger system too photo-electric which was too indiscriminate then it went to magnetic fields, a large enough magnetic signal would trigger the weapons system.
 _GOTOTOP