_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
WnW Albatros Trilogy on still on sale at Weta
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 11:29 PM UTC
For any of you who don't have an Albie yet, Weta Workshop is having their "Stocktake" sale prior to tax day in NZ. They still have the WnW "sold out" Green Tailed Albatros Trilogy kits at a cost of $151! That's a real bargain, less than $51 a kit--cheaper than the original Albatros kit was! They also have some significant savings on other WnW kits. Of course postage is still charged here in the US from thier Seattle warehouse, as I'm sure it is at overseas locations too.
https://www.wetanz.com/shop/model-kits/albatros-dvdva-jasta-5-green-tail-trilogy-set?ref=collection

Here's the whole sale-- several other deals too-- a Taube for $95 for instance:
https://www.wetanz.com/shop/collections/20-off-wingnut-wings

VR, Russ
Cosimodo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,808 posts
AeroScale: 195 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 07:43 AM UTC
Thanks for the heads up Russ.
Yes some bargains there though note that it is important to look at where they are shipping from. I thought about getting the post war F.2B, not bad at US$95 but the US$68 for shipping from their Europe depo back to NZ seemed somewhat extreme. I will have to find something they have in stock locally.

cheers
Michael
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
AeroScale: 1,619 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 01:01 PM UTC
Yes, thanks for sharing this. Treated myself to the DH.9A. Been on my wishlist for ages.
I'm also glad I previously got the Pfalz D.III and Pup now they're sold out. Very tempted by the Pfalz D.XII but might get that a little later. My other half would go ballistic if I spent that much in one go!
 _GOTOTOP