_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
Potential Military Paint Sets - Input Needed
trucolorpaint
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 240 posts
AeroScale: 73 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2018 - 10:36 PM UTC
Tru-Color Paint is in the planning stages of developing military paint sets for the modeler. We have about 30 potential sets we could assemble on the drawing board and have produced mock-up art work for all the sets. Our intent is to release 4-6 of these sets at the IPMS National Convention in August of this year. We are requesting the modeler's input as to which of these sets YOU would like to see.

There will be a poll (or survey) on our website by the end of March showing all of the proposed sets with their composition. We will let you know when the poll is posted on the website so you can vote on the sets we should produce. All military and related areas will be represented - armor, air forces, ships, diorama, figures and detailing and covers the U.S. and Israeli paints (these are the colors currently produced and ready to place into the sets).

If you wish to get a jump start on the survey, we can email you a Acrobat file of the description of each set along with their contents. Just let us know if this is wanted by email, this thread or call us.

How many manufacturer's request YOUR input on what they should place into production ? Tru-Color Paint listens to our customers and want to be your go to company for accurate, easy to use paint for your models, dioramas, figures, etc.

All comments are welcome. Come see us at the IPMS National Convention on August 1-4 in Phoenix, AZ !

Martin Cohen, PhD
Tru-Color Paint
P.O. Box 74524
Phoenix, AZ 85087-4524

714-488-9779
email: [email protected]
kevinekstrom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 82 posts
AeroScale: 27 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 01:10 AM UTC
i didn't see anything with the military figure painter in mind. It would be nice to see a camo set or two and some flesh tones for the major world powers of WWII.
trucolorpaint
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 240 posts
AeroScale: 73 posts
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2018 - 11:12 AM UTC
There are several sets on the survey for military uniforms as well as a flesh tone set. All sets will contain 6 colors in 1 oz. (30ml) bottles. There is still time to respond to the survey on our website:

trucolorpaint.com/trucolor-paint-release-survey

Cast your VOTE for the first 6 military paint sets we should develop for the IPMS National Convention to be held at the Phoenix Convention Center in August ! We have over 540 responses so far, but more are very welcome.

The sets we produce will be decided by YOU - the MODELER so do not delay. The survey stops by the end of the first week in May - so do not delay. We can tell you that the Flesh Tone set, # 10901, is only trailing the top 6 choices by a few votes as of right now.

I have nearly completed the first of 3 F-4C/D jets we are building for the show to show off our paint line and will upload pictures next week. However, I will advise you that they are NOT contest quality since I had not built a model in over 50 (not a typo !) years - but I am having fun (not counting the frustration on fitting the parts).

Martin Cohen, PhD
Tru-Color Paint
P.O. Box 74524
Phoenix, AZ 85087-4524

714-488-9779
email: [email protected]

_GOTOTOP