_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
HH-60G Pedro advice
thumper749
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 - 10:43 PM UTC
Greetings all. I have been a lurker on this terrific for quite some time now, and have finally come across something that I can't seem to find an answer to your. I just underwent a major abdominal surgery and I find myself in the position of having a couple months of recovery time. Because it will be a couple more weeks before I will be able to spend time at the work bench I am collecting all the materials and supplies I will need to complete my next project. A USAF HH-60 Pavehawk based on one of the Pedro aircraft from the Nat Geo program. I was wondering if anyone out there could answer some sourcing questions?
I will be using the Academy 1/35 AH-60 as the starting point.

I saw a while back that somebody had drawn a 3d cad file for the interior and want to know if it is still available out there anywhere.
I have several photo-etch detail sets and the Live Resin external weapons mount set on order. Crew figures I plan on getting from ReedOak.
The issue I am having now is finding figures to use as a basis for the PJ's, any suggestions? I will be using add on accessories from Live Resin, but I am hoping that I can find something not requiring major resculpting on uniform details.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone may be able to supply
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 - 11:04 PM UTC
No clue on the CAD interior.

As to the PJs, Newrod made two sets of figures that were really nice.

Full crew set, #35201.

And a couple PJs.

Have you seen the post that shows most (maybe all) the 1/35 helo crewmen available?

Helo Crewmen Post

You may find something there to modify.

Depending on what uniform you want them in, you could probably take a couple Live-Resin modern figures and add gear and helmets to make them into PJs too.

Good luck with the model and the recovery. Be sure to post pics as you get going too.
thumper749
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 07:03 AM UTC
Wow, guess I should wait for the pain meds to wear off a little before trying to type. LOL. Thank you Gino for the information, I have looked at the post you referred to and I have to say I am hugely impressed by Norberts figures and I will use them for pilot, co-pilot, crew chief, and door gunner. From what I have heard and seen all I can say is WOW!
As for the PJ's, I was hoping to make them wearing a uniform something like this.

Well I can't seem to post it here but it is uploaded to my photo album.

Any recommendations?
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 04:59 PM UTC
To post pictures, right click on the picture and select copy image address or copy the image code, http...jpg . Place this between image tags; [ i m g] http...jpg [ / img] (without spaces).

Like this: [ i mg] htt p s://ga lle ry3.kit maker.n et/d ata/500/What ever_It_T akes_-_Inside _Combat_Rescue_Gallery_-_National_Geogr aphic_Channel.jp g [ / i mg]

Removing the spaces gives you this.

That is the standard OCP (Operational Camo Pattern) ACU (Army Combat Uniform) with a combat shirt. You could make that type of uniform using one of Live-Resin's modern soldiers, loaded with gear of various types and their OpsCore helmet.

Something like these:

Hope that helps.
thumper749
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 08:02 PM UTC
Once again, thank you for your help Gino. I appreciate the clarification on posting photos and on the uniform. I think I will use the Live Resin figures to build my Pararescue crew.

In the late eighties and early nineties I absolutely fell in love with the UH-60 while serving in the U.S. Army 7th Special Operations Support Command as a 77F Fuel Handler, I spent countless hours around every conceivable aircraft in the Army inventory and as far as I'm concerned the Blackhawk is just plain SEXY. I have several more 1/35 kits in the stash and I hope to get them built soon now that I will be making some permanent work and lifestyle changes.

I did a little searching last night and was able to find the original post for the CAD H-60 interior post.

https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/forums/238201&page=1

Does this ring a bell to anyone? The photos look superbly detailed and would be of great assistance for someone of my skill level. I can scratch build the cabin interior overhead, but without some sort of scale drawings or sketches I would probably be old and grey before I was even ready to button up the fuselage.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 08:41 PM UTC
I do remember the post, I commented in it a couple times. I don't know what happened to the CAD though. Unfortunately, the original poster, M1A1hunter2, hasn't been on the forums since Feb '16.

Another option is to keep an eye on Lone Star Models. They bought all the Cobra Company masters and have been releasing the CC sets. Look for the MH/HH-60G Update and Detail set (35006). It was really nice and is what I used on my HH-60G PaveHawk a few years ago (OK, over 10 now, I am getting old).

Cobra Company MH/HH-60G Update and Detail set (35006). In it's final form, it included the gunners' side walls that I mastered for him, seen in the the bottom pic.

_GOTOTOP