_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
It's Been a While
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2018 - 07:10 PM UTC
Hi All,
Back after a very long lay off. Not long after Volume 9 of German Secret Projects was published here on site (Thanks again Merlin), my iMac crashed big time. I'd been working on Volume 10 and had made a decent amount of progress then one morning : 'Booooom'. I replaced the iMac with a new one and all my graphics software was no longer compatible. So it's been a problem to find software that would allow me to carry on. I could have gone with replacement Illustrator/photoshop but you can't simply buy it anymore. You have to buy/annually license them. Sod that.
I'm playing about with Affinity at the moment. It's very good but doesn't give quite everything I need.
But I'm here anyway. Might even have a wander through my stash and see about actually building something. Glad to be back.
Peter
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2018 - 07:38 PM UTC
Welcome back

Terri
chukw1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 817 posts
AeroScale: 729 posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2018 - 08:47 PM UTC
Hi, Peter! I feel your pain concerning Photoshop. I recently switched (mainly) to Clip Studio Pro. It's not very expensive, and they offer a lengthy free trial. It's a bit of a learning curve, but there are plenty of video tutorials online. I still have my buggy old copy of PS CS5- their Liquify tool and Adjustment layers are worth the effort. I'm looking forward to seeing your latest- cheers!
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 02:26 PM UTC
Thanks for the info Chuck. I still have a few issues with Affinity designer. It cannot do the one thing Freehand could that makes doing profiles a cinch, or so it seems. But neither does Illustrator.
I'll keep playing with it and when I can get a result I'll be profiling again ...
 _GOTOTOP