_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Zvezda su-27sm finished
Silantra
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
AeroScale: 121 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 01:28 PM UTC
Hi guys,

its been awhile since i post anything here... anyway, just to share my latest finished model.

This is Zvevda 1/72 Su-27sm kit which i convert into the su-27skm demonstrator. The project started its plan over 10 years ago where i gather info and kit...it started with italeri kit but when zvezda release this kit a few years ago, i was so tempted to build this kit.
I purchased begemot decals for the su-27 demo flankers maybe for more than 10 years ago that the decals were yellowish and some of them cracked. Prior to applying the decals, i give them 2 week sun bath paste it on the window that enjoy plenty of sun rays.

Anyway, in order for the kit to appear as su-27skm, the kit need to have in flight refueling probe (IFR). I scratchbuild the probe and open the hole in the front portside fuselage. My attempt was not accurate as ong as i have the probe there. That's the only that that was hard to do for me.

As for the zvezda kit, the kit itself contains plenty of tiny parts ans was so detail that amazed
me until i lost some of the small parts. The fitting is superb. The only bad about this kit is the pitot tube. so i replace the tube with dream models' pitot tube.
The main landing gear parts were so details and engineered to have me headache... until i broke the support struts and lost some parts which i believed are the door 'hinges'. Nonetheless, i managed to close one eye and continue building pretending nothing is wrong with this build.

I painted with mr.color lacquered paints while the exhaust were painted with several type including ak extreme metal, modelmaster metalizer, mr.color superstainless steel, tamiya enamels.
Well, this is my first flanker!

Enough talking (writing), here are some of the photos

Thanks for watching
Cheers,
Sil
Cosimodo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,808 posts
AeroScale: 195 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 12:40 PM UTC
That's superb and even more remarkable given its 1/72 scale.

cheers
Michael
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 01:51 PM UTC
Very well done, excellent build quality and airbrushing, and the pictures are very good too...

Congratulations!
Silantra
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
AeroScale: 121 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 02:22 PM UTC
Thanks bros for the kind words..this build have flaws too that i decided not to bother with it...

Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 10:04 PM UTC
Now that's one impressive build. Your camo paint scheme really makes it special.

Joel
Mortifa
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 267 posts
AeroScale: 20 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 11:19 PM UTC
An awesome build, looks outstanding.
 _GOTOTOP