_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Airliner Decals
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
AeroScale: 231 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 07:55 AM UTC
Is it just me, or have there been a lot of new airliner decals coming out lately? I currently only have one airliner model (1/144 Eastern Airlines L-1011 Tristar), but I wouldn't mind trying my hand at more. But what to get? Airbus A320? Boeing 727? Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation?

There seems to be a lot more resin & P/E parts available, too.

Does anyone know if there are any Boeing 727-200 kits on the market with FedEx hush kits?

Jim
V2Phantom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 288 posts
AeroScale: 195 posts
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2018 - 06:02 PM UTC
Hi Jim
You are spot on, there are a lot of cool airliner decals available. The tough part is to decide what scheme to build next! I would recommend that you decide on a scheme that motivates you, then use that to select the kit to go with it. There are quite a few really good airline model kits available these days.

I believe that there is at least one aftermarket resin engine with hush kits set for the B727. The B727 is one of my favorite airliners so I remember seeing these available. I can't recall who made them, though.
Have fun modeling!
Mike

Quoted Text

Is it just me, or have there been a lot of new airliner decals coming out lately? I currently only have one airliner model (1/144 Eastern Airlines L-1011 Tristar), but I wouldn't mind trying my hand at more. But what to get? Airbus A320? Boeing 727? Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation?

There seems to be a lot more resin & P/E parts available, too.

Does anyone know if there are any Boeing 727-200 kits on the market with FedEx hush kits?

Jim

jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2018 - 07:29 PM UTC
Thanks for the info, Mike. The only B727 kit I've been able to locate is the OOP Revell of Germany kit, and we all know what's going on with Revell. I'm not in any rush, so I'm sure something will turn up eventually.

Jim
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2018 - 09:07 PM UTC
There were also 727s made by Airfix and Minicraft. They both have their inaccuracies, but for your purposes they're both -200 variants right out of the box (The Revell kit is a -100). If you have loads of dosh, the very best 727 kits are made by Authentic Airliners. The -200 kit has the FedEx hushkit engines included, but as may be seen it's currently "unavailable". Perhaps Kurt can be induced to do another run sometime soon? Otherwise you'll need to haunt the auction sites, or try the Airline Modellers' Digest Yahoo Group and see if any of the members has a spare kit available.

Contrails Models does Valsan hushkit engines (but not the FedEx type). They need some cleaning up before they can be used. linkname
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2018 - 10:27 PM UTC
Thanks, Jessie. Looks like Authentic Airliners makes (made) separate FedEx Hush Kits for the B727 as well.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP