_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Does this look like a toy?
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 04:55 AM UTC
Hi guys, Wingman here, Just posted some pics in my gallery of a Ju87D-4 Torpedoflieger. I chose to paint it in the hypothetical scheme of RLM65 to represent a training version and was wondering if you found it to look like a toy because of the overall blue scheme, let me know what you think,THANKS Wingman out.
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 06:49 AM UTC
Hi wingman. That is one excellent looking kit, no way it looks toylike. The only thing that I would say detracts from the look of the thing is the colour of the frame round the base. It seems to slightly overpower the aircraft, if you know what I mean. Maybe a paler colour would be better? Just my opinion, other than that congratulations on a great build.
mikeli125
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 07:05 AM UTC
nothing wrong with that! can I have it if your not happy with it
newtothegame
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 07:51 AM UTC
I also would agree that it looks great! Your other builds look good too. I really like the Corsair diorama and your workbench photos gave me some good ideas for mine. Thanks for the nice gallery!
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 07:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi wingman. That is one excellent looking kit, no way it looks toylike. The only thing that I would say detracts from the look of the thing is the colour of the frame round the base. It seems to slightly overpower the aircraft, if you know what I mean. Maybe a paler colour would be better? Just my opinion, other than that congratulations on a great build.

Thank You sir, good point, I'll try to find a lighter color and see what I can do being that the aircraft is attached to the base, should'nt be that bad, THANKS for the advice,Wingman out.
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 07:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

nothing wrong with that! can I have it if your not happy with it

Thanks, I'm going to enter it in a contest at a show in Harrisburg,Pennsylvania,USA on the 27th of March, we'll see what happens,Wingman out.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 08:50 AM UTC
Hi Michael

Another beautiful model! :-) (And no way that it's "toy-like" - wait 'till you see my pink Spitfire! ).

I do agree with Martin about the base - whether the frame is too dark or too thick, it does distract from the subject.

All the best

Rowan
Part-timer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 361 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 09:23 AM UTC
Nothing toy-like about it. Beautiful. Good luck in your contest.
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 11:24 AM UTC
That Stuka looks great!
If you hadn't mentioned the word toy that thought would never have crossed my mind

Wayne
DRAGONSLAIN
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 779 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 12:28 PM UTC
NoWAY!!!! When you said if it looks like a toy I really expected to see something ugly!, but thats not what I saw there in your gallery
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 02:11 PM UTC
Thanks for all the kind words guys, I'm going to find a lighter color for the edge of the base. I'll let you know what happens in the contest on March 27th and I'll try to post some pics of the other aircraft in that contest,Wingman out.
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 02:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I also would agree that it looks great! Your other builds look good too. I really like the Corsair diorama and your workbench photos gave me some good ideas for mine. Thanks for the nice gallery!

If you can it would be cool to see your work area when it's done, maybe we should have everyone post pics of their work areas if that hasn't already been done, THANKS for looking,Wingman out.
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 11:05 PM UTC
Hi wingman
No it does not look like a toy.
A great and unusual scheme is what it looks like.
Nice...very nice change and you puled it off exceptionally well...

Cheers
Peter
:-)
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 03:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi wingman
No it does not look like a toy.
A great and unusual scheme is what it looks like.
Nice...very nice change and you puled it off exceptionally well...

Cheers
Peter
:-)

Thanks Peter, I didn't weather it much because it is a training aircraft, THANKS for the kind words,Wingman out.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 03:49 AM UTC
:-) Another great looking and interesting Stuka, I do agree about the base though :-)
Mal
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 04:24 AM UTC
Thanks Holdfast, maybe I'll try a light tan color for the edge of the base, I don't want the concrete and the edge to look like all one color, I want a little bit of a contrast between the two, I'll try to post pics soon, Wingman out.
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 05:11 AM UTC
Now I NEVER...(well hardly ever post about Luftwaffe aircraft ) In your case I will make an exception.... I think you are being a trifle hard on yourself, now I'd like to make some erudite comment on the color scheme. I'd love to make an informed comment on your choice of subject and I would truly be happy being able to start an informed debate on the use of this aircraft. However, knowing nothing about it whatsoever, I will say that I would be proud to have it on my shelves. My final comment is to post some of your pics, so the rest can enjoy it as it should be seen....Jim

wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 09:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Now I NEVER...(well hardly ever post about Luftwaffe aircraft ) In your case I will make an exception.... I think you are being a trifle hard on yourself, now I'd like to make some erudite comment on the color scheme. I'd love to make an informed comment on your choice of subject and I would truly be happy being able to start an informed debate on the use of this aircraft. However, knowing nothing about it whatsoever, I will say that I would be proud to have it on my shelves. My final comment is to post some of your pics, so the rest can enjoy it as it should be seen....Jim THANKS Jim, I chose this aircraft and paint scheme because I wanted to do something different, the directions for this model mentioned that this is a hypothetical scheme for training aircraft. I read in a book about Stukas that the short range of the Stuka was the main reason for not proceeding any further with all conversions being re-converted once tests were completed. Despite some allied reports, this variant was never used in combat. You guys are convincing me that it does'nt look like a toy,THANKS guys! Jim, THANKS for posting these pics in this discussion because I don't know how to do that yet, Wingman out.

_GOTOTOP