_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Giving away the new Tamiya F-14D Tomcat!
DavidDoyle
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 24 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 - 08:27 AM UTC
My friends at Tamiya were kind enough to send me a copy of the brand new 61118 F-14D Tomcat 1/48-scale kit. Since I don't have the skills so many of you have that are required to build the kit, I am giving it away. Along with it I am also giving away a copy of my new F-14 Tomcat book.

Just visit my website - www.daviddoylebooks.com - and click on the Tomcat kit, which will take you to the registration page for the drawing.

Good luck to all of you!

Sincerely,
David Doyle
www.daviddoylebooks.com
petbat
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
AeroScale: 93 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 - 09:00 AM UTC
Very decent of you David, and covering the shipping too!

Being mainly an armour builder myself, I will leave it to others that, as you say, can do it more justice. I just wanted to add a note of appreciation, on behalf of all, for the thought you exhibited.

Cheers
brekinapez
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
AeroScale: 158 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 - 09:32 AM UTC
Would it be wrong of me to enter another drawing considering I just won a Stuart recently? I build armor and aircraft so it's hard to resist.
chrism
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 160 posts
AeroScale: 156 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 - 11:05 AM UTC
I'm in!
c4willy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
AeroScale: 1,517 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 10:28 AM UTC
Couldn't resist the opportunity, I've not long finished academy's offering of their F-14A and I'd love the chance to build Tamiya's offering. Thanks to you Dave for the chance and I look forward to seeing what books are on offer via your email.
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
AeroScale: 2,904 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 - 04:05 AM UTC
Any point in entering more than once? Just out of curiosity.

Michael
DavidDoyle
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 - 04:46 AM UTC
If you previously entered one of our drawings for either of the Tamiya tank kits or the various books that we've given away - then by all means enter this one too.

However, only one entry per email address for this particular drawing will be valid. I suppose your wife, child or whoever could enter with their own email addresses if you wanted to increase your odds. At the time of registration, each entry is assigned a number (visible only on my end)

At closing time for the drawing, we'll use some software will randomly select a winning number, and then match that number to the entrant list. The winner will be announced in our email newsletter. The winner will also be sent information as to how to claim the prize, and a deadline (a few days) to do so. If the time passes with it being unclaimed, an alternate is chosen (using the same method of selecting the winner).

There is no requirement to purchase - only be prepared to receive my newsletters a couple times a month (typically new product announcements, occasional cool things I find while doing research, show and drawing announcements, etc.). If you have previously unsubscribed to my newsletter, in order to enter this drawing you'll need to go through a different portal - email me for instructions.

And, if anyone is worried - if you won one of our earlier drawings, you are still eligible to win this one!

Thanks for the interest.

Sincerely,
David Doyle
www.DavidDoyleBooks.com
ghauser
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 158 posts
AeroScale: 15 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 - 07:05 AM UTC
I'm in!!
rdt1953
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,098 posts
AeroScale: 900 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 - 12:19 PM UTC
Thank you David for your generosity- I've entered . Should I be fortunate enough to win I'll likely need some help researching which Japanese units operated this aircraft in WWII as everything I build these days seems to have red circles on them - hmm

Cheers - Richard
DavidDoyle
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 11:36 AM UTC
Thank you all for the responses and kind words.

Just a reminder that in about 3 1/2 hours the contest to give away the F-14D will close and the winner will be selected. If you've been thinking about entering - now is the time - just go to www.DavidDoyleBooks.com and click on the Tamiya box art.

Best wishes,
David Doyle
ghauser
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 158 posts
AeroScale: 15 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 04:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank you all for the responses and kind words.

Just a reminder that in about 3 1/2 hours the contest to give away the F-14D will close and the winner will be selected. If you've been thinking about entering - now is the time - just go to www.DavidDoyleBooks.com and click on the Tamiya box art.

Best wishes,
David Doyle

Who won??? is it posted somewhere?
brekinapez
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 05:09 AM UTC
He just sent out an email listing the winner and some other info.
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 05:26 AM UTC
Huh. Hope it wasn't me as I didn't get that email. Maybe I entered with an incorrect address.

Michael
brekinapez
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 06:14 AM UTC
Unfortunately, it wasn't you...or me.
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 06:45 AM UTC
warmonger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 217 posts
AeroScale: 82 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 09:08 AM UTC
Or me
rdt1953
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,098 posts
AeroScale: 900 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 10:29 AM UTC
Looks like I won't have to learn to build modern jets - whew!
brekinapez
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 12:43 PM UTC
To be honest, the Stuart I won will end up a Beutepanzer as I only build German armor.

I also only build WWII aircraft, but I have always liked the Tomcat and built a few as a kid.
Removed by original poster on 07/27/18 - 01:11:59 (GMT).
DavidDoyle
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 02:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Who won??? is it posted somewhere?

Below is the message that I sent out concerning the winners (and things). There are a couple of key details - first, if anyone previously unsubscribed to my e-newsletter, they would have had to go through a special portal (as I previously mentioned) in order to enter and/or get the announcement. Secondly, the winners of my drawings have a limited time to respond to the notification (a few days). In the past, folks have apparently thought "I didn't win - so I'll unsubscribe" - then they become the runner-up, and can't get the notice, so I have to select a second alternate!

Anyhow - here is the word......

Dear friends,
Thank you all for taking the time to enter our drawing and subscribe to our newsletter.

Denise and I recently had the pleasure of visiting with many of our nation’s heros at the national convention of the VFW. As the son of an Army veteran, and daughter of a Navy veteran, we were especially thrilled to be surrounded by those with who they served.

We are excited to announce that our new B-52 Stratofortress and M4A1 Sherman tank books are due to arrive in the first week of August. If you want to take advantage of our advance reservation discount offer, just click on the above links. Reservations are still being taken for the range of Canfora Publishing books. The pre-order system is separate from our main system, thus books being reserved must be ordered separately from the hundreds of military books we have in stock at DavidDoyleBooks.com.

We are also pleased to say that our B-17 Flying Fortress in Action book is being reprinted, and we are offering a special, limited time offer on this of only $5.99, limit one per customer. However, be aware that we are now on our way to Phoenix for the IPMS USA convention, and given our travel schedule vs the shipping schedule, it could be up to ten days before we can ship orders including the B-17 in Action. We appreciate your patience with this.

Opposite of this, we have with us our just arrived, previously announced USS Missouri, USS North Carolina and both Volumes One and Two of the Sturmgeschütz books. They can be ordered off our website and we will ship when we arrive in Phoenix in a few days.

I apologize for these delays in shipping due to our travel – but this is a result of us being a one man/one woman family operation! Unlike large companies with dozens of staff, we have to do it all – and of course we must travel to do the research in order to write the books!

Finally, I am sure that you are all interested in the results of our drawings. If you don’t see your name below – don’t despair – we will have a second round of drawings in a few days in the event of unclaimed prizes.

The winner of our on-line drawing for the Tamiya F-14D and our new F-14D in Action book is Jonathon Lotton.

The winners of our daily drawings at the VFW convention are Michael Griffin, Irene Turner, Richie Tibbets and Georgia Eaves. Each of the daily winners wins their choice of $50 worth of books.

Each of the above named winners should contact us by replying to this email by August 5 for instructions on selecting and claiming their prizes. If not all prizes are claimed, we will draw again for an alternate – so be sure and check our next newsletter for your name.

Thanks for your ongoing support!

Sincerely,
David and Denise Doyle
 _GOTOTOP