_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Israeli MD 500 site
b2nhvi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
AeroScale: 40 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2018 - 09:30 AM UTC
About a year ago when I started my IDF MD 500 project I stumbled into a site (out of Israel I believe) that listed all the 500s used by IDF with aircraft number, Hebrew name, and any notable history (Like the one shot down by "friendly" fire which prompted the V shaped recognition marking on their helos.) Course now that the project has been revived damned if I can find the sight. Anybody know what it is? Also, I know the recognition mark was initially in FS 33538 (because it was handy at unit level when the order for the marking came out) but was changed to another FS color. What is it and what time frame did it come into use?
chrism
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 160 posts
AeroScale: 156 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2018 - 09:49 AM UTC
Here is a link to Hataka Hobby Paint set of modern Israeli helo paints colors. The color descriptions may give you the info you are looking for.

http://hataka-hobby.com/products/israeli-air-force-paint-set-modern-rotors/
b2nhvi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
AeroScale: 40 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2018 - 11:23 AM UTC
Cool! Now I know the color . And cooler .... I have it handy! (100 degree temps here of late I'll take any cool I can get.) I did find ... after several hours looking .... one site that has some info on the Lahatut by number (Iskyteam) but only one that had more than "name, rank, S/N " was 213 that was the one shot down and started the recognition mark thing.
 _GOTOTOP