_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Project X
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 08:56 AM UTC
Hi there

Just to let you all know, I've started a thread for Project X in the Campaigns Forum.

What's Project X you may ask!... Well, it's an idea Flitzer and I have had for a while. From an aircraft perspective, it's a Group Build devoted to Prototypes, Luft '46 and X-planes - but the plan is encompass experimental equipment and vehicles of all kinds, so everyone in Armorama can join in.

I'll probably do something like an XP-55 Black Bullet, but might try a bit of surgery to build the Supermarine F.37/34 design of January 1935... later to be known as a ... Spitfire!

The start date is planned for September, so plenty of time time get ideas together. At the moment we're all set to run this as an A-UK Super Group Build, but if we can get enough names we might be able to make this an official campaign.

What do I get on completion? Well, I have to say, Peter has designed the most awesome Campaign Award you're likely to see! Whether it goes on your stats or your sig. line, this medal is something you'll want to show off!

This one could be a lot of fun!

Rowan
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 05:50 PM UTC
Thanks to Rowan for the post and the kind words re the award.
So here it is....

I'm not sure what I'll build yet...a few ideas in the pondering zone.
As usual comments are welcome.

Cheers
Peter
:-)
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 10:42 PM UTC
I can't resist! I'm joining here. I'll be doing an YF-35. Is it ok? BTW, when is the end date?
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2004 - 05:01 AM UTC
Hi Shonnen,
don't see why not
http://www.globalaircraft.org/planes/x-35_jsf.pl

Cheers
Peter
:-)
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2004 - 08:05 AM UTC
Sorry, can't fit in another project

Wait...................................................(mention of Supermarines finest)?

(Thinks) Is someone deliberately trying to entice me into this group build against my will? Have to resist #:-) :-) Sod it I'll have to do it, cos you can't have to many Spitfires, can you?
Rocket you do realise that I will now have to buy another Tamiya Spitfire, and a conversion set. You know I haven't got absolute proof of the markings she wore on her first flight. Eeek!
I aint promising owt
Mal
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2004 - 11:00 AM UTC
Hi there

Quoted Text

I can't resist! I'm joining here. I'll be doing an YF-35. Is it ok? BTW, when is the end date?

Great to have you aboard Shonen! Yeah! The YF-35 is fine. We deliberately announced this early to judge reaction - "officially" we're kicking off in September with an Xmas(ish) finish - but if you want to start sooner that's fine.

Quoted Text

Is someone deliberately trying to entice me into this group build against my will?

"Gone fishing..." What's the best bait to hook a Holdfast? Darn it! He's sussed out my sneaky plan!

Still, got you interested Mal! :-) How about the pre-Prototype Spit, with a different rear fuselage cross-section, low set tail, different wingtips and exhausts venting under the fuselage? Now that would be one for the collection!

As regards the first flight - even pinning down the elusive blue-grey should be fun!

All the best

Rowan
Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2004 - 06:37 PM UTC
i am in there guys !!! i ll let you know in what i ll build in some days
 _GOTOTOP