_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Dambusters still on the table.
chris1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 949 posts
AeroScale: 493 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 - 03:18 PM UTC
Hi Guys,
Hot off the press today,Sir Peter says
he was determined that his retelling of the pivotal World War II bouncing bomb raids will take flight in the next two years.

"I'm thinking about ways to get that off the ground, if you'll excuse the pun."

So two more years could be worse. WNW releases Lancaster late 2019 movie say 6mths later... Mid 2020. we've waited this long.

Anyway thought you'd like to know

Chris
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 - 09:23 AM UTC
Hi Chris

Well, I've got a family connection to Guy Gibson, so I'm obviously biased in wanting to see this happen. But will his dog that can't be named still make an appearance? (Going by what my late parents told me, it wasn't the only dog thus named in the wider family at the time.)

It's history - and my personal take is that we should face it, warts and all. I believe it's a mistake to sweep what is now unacceptable under the carpet. Instead, we should learn from the past and grow together towards a better future.

It's quite weird how things work out; many (many!) years ago, I was involved in helping promote Peter's first film here in the UK - and now there's a personal link to one of his projects.

All the best

Rowan
Vicious
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 - 10:01 AM UTC
I hope really to see the movie...for the Dog who the name we cant say for me because is History they should keep and simply put a disclaimer before the movie start of even out side the Cinema like they do with the original movie in some country
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
AeroScale: 2,904 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 - 10:14 AM UTC
This could be seriously epic and I hope it goes forward. As for the "dog-we-cannot-name", I can see both sides of the argument. But I'm not going to boycott an otherwise accurate and well-made movie about something this historically significant because of the name they give the dog.

Michael
 _GOTOTOP