_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Ongoing Early Aviation campaign?
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
AeroScale: 2,904 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 02:58 AM UTC
As most of you know, for several years there was a yearly campaign to promote early aviation modelling called The Knights of the Sky. When those ended a few years back, I tried reviving them in a series of campaigns tied to the anniversary of the Great War called The Canvas Falcons. With the 100th anniversary of the end of the war, the last CF campaign has ended.

Early aviation, especially WWI, modeling has greatly expanded over the past decade or so with the likes of Eduard, Roden, Copper State, and especially Wingnut Wings revolutionizing the genre. This is true with armor as well and there's currently a Great War campaign over on Armorama due to start on December 1 that welcomes aircraft as well.

My question is, would you all like to see the Canvas Falcons series of campaigns (or something like them) continue here on AeroScale? I'd be happy to make this an annual event if people want it. I see a lot of building going on here outside the campaign context, but would be more than willing to keep the campaigns going in the spirit of the Knights of the Sky. Give me your thoughts here and we can see what kind of interest there is.

Michael
PasiAhopelto
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 514 posts
AeroScale: 239 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 07:16 AM UTC
Sounds good, and would probably join to any early aviation campaign. For example "aviation hundred years ago" would be specially interesting.
 _GOTOTOP