_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
OnDisplay: Eagles On Display
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2004 - 03:25 PM UTC
I've just posted another great looking aircraft diorama by Michael Wolfe (wingman). A static display of static displays.

Here's what Michael had to say about the project:

"Hi guys, I built these Eagles one at a time about two years ago and put them on their own small base. It got to be a pain moving them around for dedustification procedures. Last year I decided to put them all on one base and chose to do a post war scene depicting the captured Eagles on display on a field somewhere in Germany, it might of happened, might not, oh well. The aircraft are Tamiya and Hasegawa, figures are from Verlinden and the Jeep is a Verlinden item."

Please feel free to leave any feedback here.

Eagles On Display
USArmy2534
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
AeroScale: 246 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 10:11 AM UTC
I love the black and white images. While B&W images don't show the color differences (color and not shades) well, they seem to have a way of bringing out detail that color doesn't do. They also give a more realistic feel to warbirds, given that the vast majority of the pictures taken were in B&W. If you wanted, you could probably play with the images a little, to make them seem older.
Bus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 846 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 10:25 AM UTC
I THINK THIS IS A VERY GOOD DIO, VERY ORIGINAL TOO!
THE PLANES ARE GREAT AND THE FIGS TOO!
CONGRATS!!!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 10:56 AM UTC
Hi there

The varied range of aircraft is typical of what advancing Allied troops found on German airfields - Oh!! If only someone had thought to preserve the aircraft rather than send in the bull-dozers...

Awesome stuff Michael! Are we going to tempt you into Project X? There could be some awesome dio-potential there! How about a Baachem Natter?

All the best

Rowan
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 12:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi there

The varied range of aircraft is typical of what advancing Allied troops found on German airfields - Oh!! If only someone had thought to preserve the aircraft rather than send in the bull-dozers...

Awesome stuff Michael! Are we going to tempt you into Project X? There could be some awesome dio-potential there! How about a Baachem Natter?

All the best

Rowan

Thanks Merlin, what is Project X? What is a Baachem Natter? I wonder what the cost would have been back then to ship examples of WW2 German aircrft back for museums and testing, Wingman out.
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 12:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I love the black and white images. While B&W images don't show the color differences (color and not shades) well, they seem to have a way of bringing out detail that color doesn't do. They also give a more realistic feel to warbirds, given that the vast majority of the pictures taken were in B&W. If you wanted, you could probably play with the images a little, to make them seem older.

I have a tool to antique the pic but something from Photo-Shop would be much better, Wingman out.
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 11:29 PM UTC
Hi wingman....
great idea....and excellent work.
Your skills would be a great boon to the Project X build.
Basically it is for any experimental design, paper through to prototypes whether of vehicles of the air, land or sea.

Merlin referred to the Bachem Natter. A vertical take-off rocket powered killer aircraft, similar role to the Me 163.

The Allies stumbled on a number of secret projects that were nabbed and carried off to the respective homelands.
The Americans for example sent to the States the prototype Me P1101, which was developed and into the Bell X5.

The MiG 15 was considered as the off-spring of the captured Fw Ta183 design.
There are many more.
Hope you join the PX build...starting September 2004.

Thanks and cheers
Peter
:-)
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 11:55 PM UTC
Wow! Many planes mean a lot of space! :-)
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 04:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow! Many planes mean a lot of space! :-)

My shelves are full, time to look for some more space, Wingman out.
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 04:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi wingman....
great idea....and excellent work.
Your skills would be a great boon to the Project X build.
Basically it is for any experimental design, paper through to prototypes whether of vehicles of the air, land or sea.

Merlin referred to the Bachem Natter. A vertical take-off rocket powered killer aircraft, similar role to the Me 163. I'm in the middle of painting the hallway and landing in our house, then it's back to modelling, Wingman out.

The Allies stumbled on a number of secret projects that were nabbed and carried off to the respective homelands.
The Americans for example sent to the States the prototype Me P1101, which was developed and into the Bell X5.

The MiG 15 was considered as the off-spring of the captured Fw Ta183 design.
There are many more.
Hope you join the PX build...starting September 2004.

Thanks and cheers
Peter
:-)

_GOTOTOP