_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Review
Lindberg: Mitsubishi G4M2 “Betty”
SgtRam
Staff MemberEditor-at-Large
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
AeroScale: 511 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 12:45 AM UTC

Zdenek Nevole takes a look at an older kit, the Lindberg Mitsubishi G4M2 bomber that may bring memories back for older modellers.

Read the Review

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 04:20 AM UTC
Zdenek,

Thanks for showing this. There are several old model enthusiasts here at Aeroscale. I remember I liked this model better than the Hasegawa because it had the turret. But, yes, Hasegawa's Betty is better. As a kid, the cockpit floor between the cockpit and bombardier station fascinated me.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 04:21 AM UTC
I think I still have the engines from the 1/64 He 111.
oldiemoldylover
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 7 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 06:41 AM UTC
The Hamaki was a wonderfull plane much more streamlined than ist opposites, Frederick. The japanese produced also many well shaped fighters as well. But the Betty is unique so I understand what you mean looking inside the flight deck. But that´s all can´t be found in the Lindi kit, unfortunatelly. Anyway, it was a great pleasure to had the chance to get a kit already in the late sixties. I waited a long time since I finaly got my at ebay for a reasonable price. I also have an Airfix Flying Fortress with it´s big cowlings and when I lay the wings together I found out that the nacelles are totally oversized. Maybe the fuselage diameter and the wingspan are greater,too? Someone who have the Hasegawa should try to take a pic. of both kits so we can see clear.
oldiemoldylover
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 7 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 06:49 AM UTC
I also got the 111 from Lindberg, Frederick. The trouble is the wingspan it´s 1/72 but the rest is 1/64 which made the nacelles looking quite bulky. But I must confess the cowlings are made very well and you can find a engine replica, too, so that part of the kit is quite nice. The fuselage nose isn`t very authentic and also the gondola or the windows in the fuselage are correct. The Ju 88 in 1/64 is a little bit better, the best would be Linbergs B 17 which is a real golden Oldie, isn`t it?
 _GOTOTOP