Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Hasegawa Decals, Why Do They Crinkle?
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 05:55 PM UTC
Why do Hasegawa Jap. Hinomarus kind of crinkle when I put my setting solution on them. With other Hasegawa decals they dont, just the meatballs!

~Chip :-)
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 08:49 PM UTC
I think it's normal. It became delicate at that part. Leave it for a while then see what happens.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 07:36 AM UTC
Chip, to answer this question we need to know; did you do anything different, for example use a different gloss? Are you using a different solution to previouse models or do you mean that, on this particular model, the stencils aren't wrinkling, but the Hinomaru do? Any other information will help in trying to determin what is going on.
Mal
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 08:02 AM UTC
I have been using the same tech. on all the my models. And I found that its always the Meatballs that kind of crinkle up, and then dry that way. Although these ones werent that bad. I think I read somewhere that the guy always had the same problem with Jap. Meatballs.

Strange, I think its a conspiracy!

:-)
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2004 - 08:08 AM UTC
Strange goings on, Chip. It might be the red ink that is used?
You could try not applying setting solution, to the meatballs. I have had some succes in using a small piece of high density foam to "squeegy" decals flat, but fou would have to do that as they are drying. If they are weak they could rip. Something else you could try, which would preclude the use of setting solutions, is to place the decal in a puddle of Future. I haven't tried this, but I have read about success using this method. The only other solution I can think of is to use after market decals
Mal
 _GOTOTOP