_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
confused
Bender10
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 7 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2004 - 08:50 AM UTC
I am unsure onh iow to paint my nighthawk. I am working on a tamiya f-117. I have heard that if it was painted black then it would look like a big shadow. They say to use a lighter tint of black so that it looks better. Another question is if i do a wash, how do i do a wash if the model is painted black itself?SHould i infact use a lighter black then the sdtuff in the bottle , if so what?how? another thing i have come to understand is that it does not matter what texture paint you paint with as long as you can finish with a clear coat of the desired testure. ie, a matte clear finich over gloss paint makes it appear flat. is this right?
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2004 - 01:09 PM UTC
Hi Bender10,
I don't really know the answer to your black color dilemna but as far as your finish question I can give you and answer there.
If you spray a flat finish over gloss paint it will definately make your surface a flat finish. It may not be as totally flat as if you originally used regular flat paint but it will definately be flat.

Boy...I don't think I ever used the word flat that many times in a sentence before

Hope that helps you out some. I am sure somebody here will be able to answer your question on the black color.

Wayne
Bender10
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 7 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2004 - 03:11 PM UTC
I t*hink i have solved mmy own problem. On the blackbird there isnt as much importance of panelines because they are useually filled with RAM paint anyway. But i do think the some Dry Brushing be done to Helpp Bring out the Edges, maybe some medium to dark grey
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 12:14 AM UTC
Another color you could use.. If you can get Model Master Paints.. They have a color that is interior black.... I thought it was a ploy just to get people to buy another color of black, but if you look at the two blacks side by side. The Interior Black is a lighter shade of black w/o being a gray.......OK that doesn't make too much sense but it the best way to describe it....

Hope this helps

Paul
 _GOTOTOP