_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Hasegawa New Tool kits
Totalize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 743 posts
AeroScale: 151 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2019 - 01:01 AM UTC
Hi GUys,

I am not up on the latest with Hasegawa but I read somewhere due to Chinese competition they are not doing any new tool aircraft kits but will just be re-releasing all their older kits.

Is this the general consensus?
Redhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,460 posts
AeroScale: 1,443 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2019 - 01:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi GUys,

I am not up on the latest with Hasegawa but I read somewhere due to Chinese competition they are not doing any new tool aircraft kits but will just be re-releasing all their older kits.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. However, it has been a long time since they have released anything.

I note that "Chinese competition" hasn't deterred FineMolds or Eduard from releasing new stuff.

rdt1953
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,098 posts
AeroScale: 900 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2019 - 12:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi GUys,

Hi Dave - Hasegawa has historically re packaged older releases with new markings while once in a great while surprising everyone with something new - their 1/48 Pete was preceded by much publicity and hoopla . A few years later they sprung their Dave upon us without a word beforehand- hard to figure
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2019 - 03:29 PM UTC
I've noticed it too, as they haven't released a "new mold" aircraft kit for a while now (except for the totally re-tooled Emily). I don't know anything about their aircraft kits being only re-releases, but they are certainly doing other items from a totally different direction. Here's a sample of some of the stuff they've been releasing lately:

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2019/04/hasegawas-colourful-novel-june-releases.html#more

It seems they've been concentrating a lot of their new releases in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy realm, and in automotive equipment, including new construction equipment and figures. I for one applaud their work in other genres, but do think there's a lot of aircraft kits that could still be released. They haven't cranked out a new 1/32 scale kit in some time now. And I've seen a lot of "special" re-pop kits-- either dual re-issue kits in the same box, or older kits in new markings, but they've done this for many years now-- that's not exactly a new practice for them.
VR, Russ
Totalize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 743 posts
AeroScale: 151 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2020 - 12:39 AM UTC
Thanks Guys,

I read somewhere that they are focusing on the japanese market and the big demand there for gundman and anime type stuff.
brekinapez
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
AeroScale: 158 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2020 - 10:06 AM UTC
Judging from the Construction Worker Set B Hasegawa also makes soda and bottled water.
 _GOTOTOP