_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Hawker Hart I 1/48
27-1025
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
AeroScale: 39 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 01:37 AM UTC
Just saw a video posting from Fine Scale Modeler announcing a new kit of the Hawker Hart I in 1/48. Never heard of the company AMG but know I want one. The sprues suggest possible an Osprey, Audax and Hind. Just the thought of that makes me hyperventilate. Has anyone heard of AMG?
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 01:49 AM UTC
Hi Chris.

I find Scalemates is a good site to research companies, you can filter your search in a lot of ways.

AMG Brand

Cheers, D
27-1025
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
AeroScale: 39 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 03:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Chris.

I find Scalemates is a good site to research companies, you can filter your search in a lot of ways.

AMG Brand

Cheers, D

Yes, thank you. Just found that and they also have a page on FACEBOOK. So looking forward to this release. Hope it is successful so we might see more 'silver wing' releases.
awrc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
AeroScale: 61 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 10:40 AM UTC
[Fixed the link to the Britmodeller thread]

As a brand, AMG has been around for a pretty long time - when I returned to modeling in 2001, the kit of the BRDM (Russian armored car) I bought was from AMG. However, the brand went away for quite a long time, then returned a few years back with a focus more on aviation.

For the Hart kit, I'd suggest feeding the review at this URL through Google Translate - it comes out pretty intelligible, and it's got images of sprue, instructions, etc.

http://www.greenmats.club/reviews.html/amg/68_aircrafts-148/amg-148-hawker-hart-i-48902-r70/

I'd also suggest reading this thread on Britmodeller - gives good indications of what's coming in terms of variants (answer - lots, if the basic kit sells well!) - https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235040316-148-hawker-hart-by-arsenal-model-group-amg-released/

As for the overall quality of AMG stuff, I can speak only as one who has quite a few kits in the stash, but hasn't built any of them yet. While this is their first British inter-war aircraft, they did four very nice boxings of the Dewoitine D.500 series (a 500, 501 and 510, plus a Latvian 501). Very nice kits from looking at the contents of the box. They're at the good end of short-tun - so the surface detail is pretty nice, but they're not shake and bake. Some of them include resin bits (in the Dewoitine case, a frame for the windshield, and the D.500 has a resin upper deck for the machine guns (plastic part for the cannon-armed versions) and the Lithuanian one has extra bits), PE for radiator grilles and instrument panels, film for the instruments and the clear panels of the windshield. This is the same kit that Dora Wings put out.

The other AMG kit I've picked up is the Polikarpov R-5 (more versions of that coming along too) and it's another very nice kit - the R-5 is the reason that, when I've got the cash, I'll pick up the Hart first chance I get. Nice molding, film and PE. Again, short-run, and since it's a very similar beast to the R-5 in the sense of being a big single-engine 2-seater biplane, another example of how they managed to get it right (again, the Greenmats review is worth running through Google Translate - http://www.greenmats.club/forums/topic/4947-обзор-amg-48802-polikarpov-r-5/)

Al
 _GOTOTOP